A pre bootcamp daily workout plan ?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A pre bootcamp daily workout plan ?

If you could put together a daily workout plan or PT plan what would be on your list. Im trying to put together a good daily plan. I got shin splints only because im on the heavier side so I can't do massive mileage on the running, atleast not on concrete untill the shins heal. I guess I could substitute it with a treadmill. Im looking into more losing weight at the moment and building upper body strength for my pull-ups. I have 3 months until I leave for basic at Parris Island. If anybody has some time and might have a plan themselves and don't mind sharing it with me I'd greatly appreciate it. Right now I diet, run, and do push ups. I have a gym in my apartment complex but knowing the best type of workouts for my situation would help, so I don't put to much work into the wrong area or muscles.

Thanks,
    Poskew

the best way to improve your run is by running, not jogging, imho don't bother running more then 3-4 miles at once, pick a spot, like a telphone pole and make yourself run at least 3/4 speed to it, then back off the pace for a short time, then repeat, do it like every other day, depending on how hard you push yourself you'll soon be running a very decent 3 mile pft time.
    Best way to improve pullups is do pullups.... focus on doing them with palms outboard, do that and you'll be training/using your back muscles which in the long run will pay off more then doing them palms inboard using just your biceps/arms. buy/make a bar or use a tree, just make sure to visit it at least 3-4 times a day and do a max set, you'll be doing more and more every week.

o and as for shin-splints, yeah they suck, we've all had them sometime in the past, i say suck it up and put them out of your mind, make sure and strech them well before a run, you could take some time off to try and have them heal up, but if you have them now and your shipping in 3 months you'll probably be getting them in bootcamp regardless.

Ignore the comment about sucking it up and running through shin splints. You're too close to shipping to do that, it would simply be too much of a risk of spending time in MRP. He is right about running fartlecks (sp?) and interval runs. It is a great way to improve your running. I posted the Armstrong pull up program a couple of days ago, try that as well. Five Star put out a book about Marine Corps fitness, picking it up should give you tons of ideas about getting ready for recruit training. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...lance&n=283155

You are all going to laugh when you hear this. I took in all of your advice and when I was running my last interval I decided to give it my all and sprint full out. I was really getting on it and all of a sudden I trip and roll my ankle. I was laughing at first untill I realized I had to limp back home a mile or so. It's not to bad this morning to where I can't walk but I have to walk at a very slow pace. I guess I'm going to concentrate on my upper body strength for the pull ups and do alot of sit-ups untill my ankle gets better.

im trying to get in good shape for the corps also. one thing that i heard is that you got to do a total of 100 pull ups in as few sets as possible and in between each set you run 1/4 of a mile under 90 seconds. then you do 200 push ups in as few sets as possible and run 1/4 mile under 90 sec. and then 300 sit ups in as few sets then run 1/4 mile under 90 sec. i tried that and didnt get too far in it. but what i do is at least 50 pull ups a day and about 100 push ups a day. i also include little running. what is a good thing a marine friend of mine said is to set a course of 3 miles and run that for awhile until you shave off a minute. then make it 4 miles and shave off some minutes. keep doing that until you get to 5 or 6 miles. if anyone else has any tips, do tell. ok nevermind i just now realized nobody has been on here in a while

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I made this post earlier about what I've done to get in shape. It works for me, and you may want to add at least 20 50 yard dashes per run day as I generally do them in my PT at the local recruiters. Good luck swissanese.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=63068

Marinewannabe17
    Guest Free Member
    I dont have one but I know stew smith has some good ones just go to www.stewsmith.com

Parris Island 4th battallion in 4 years

A Poskew i just posted a real good work out in the poolee hall.

Poskew is a Marine now, LOL, thread back from the dead.

I just finished the Stew Smith pushup program. My max was about 45 before starting, tomorrow will be my first "new" set after the rest period and I will let you all know how that goes.

Mike

Good luck man the most ive ever done in 2 min was, 104..

Quote Originally Posted by Poskew
    If you could put together a daily workout plan or PT plan what would be on your list. Im trying to put together a good daily plan. I got shin splints only because im on the heavier side so I can't do massive mileage on the running, atleast not on concrete untill the shins heal. I guess I could substitute it with a treadmill. Im looking into more losing weight at the moment and building upper body strength for my pull-ups. I have 3 months until I leave for basic at Parris Island. If anybody has some time and might have a plan themselves and don't mind sharing it with me I'd greatly appreciate it. Right now I diet, run, and do push ups. I have a gym in my apartment complex but knowing the best type of workouts for my situation would help, so I don't put to much work into the wrong area or muscles.

Thanks,
    Poskew
    You are going to boot camp your profile says Marine???

My max in 2 mins would probably have been higher, this was just continuously...

Thanks, my goal is up over 100 non-stop before boot. I know they aren't PFT tested, but I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of them.

Mike

I see it was an old post,lol.

Yea i say we will do a lot of them lol, I bought a weight vest that i run with and do all my pulls and push ups in id highly reccomend one. my pulls went from 14 to like 18 in 3 weeks with it. and i run my mile in 5.50

Thread Information