Results 1 to 2 of 2
06-02-06, 03:04 PM #1
Questions about MOS and Officer School...
First of all I want to say I look I admire the Marines since I was in grade school. I am almost done with my Mechanical Engineering degree from UNC Charlotte and wanted to know a couple things that have been coming across my mind prior to joining the Marines.
1. I would really like to do something in the Infantry field. If I go through the officers program how likely would I be to get an Infantry MOS?
2. I have something wrong w/ my knees it wears my cartiladge or something and I take a couple non-perscription supliments such as Glucosamine sulfate, MSM, and calcium which dramatically make them feel better. I run 3-5 miles a day to keep myself in shape but I fear what will happen if I am unable to take the suppliments in boot camp. Will I be allowed to use them or not?
3. How likely is a request granted if a Marine wants to be deployed overseas such as Iraq, Afganistan, etc...?
I would appreciate any comments or criticisims regarding my questions. Thank you and keep up the great work wherever you are Marines!
06-02-06, 07:48 PM #2
1. Tough call. Infantry is far harder to get on the officer side of the house. You would not be guaranteed anything. Physical performance at TBS is a plus, but leadership (which is evaluated by one man, your Staff Platoon Commander) is what will make or break you.
2. If you have any problems whatsoever with your knees, feet, back, hips, or shoulders, you DO NOT want to be an infantry officer. You would be shooting yourself in the foot from the beginning. It would be a recipe for failure. If you are wanting to go straight officer, you would not go to boot camp at any rate. Rather, you would go to OCS. I don't believe you would be allowed to take the supplements at OCS. Your only option would probably be to take a heaping dose of suck it up every morning.
3. You don't need to ask to go oversees. Everyone's going at some point.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)