Marines Medic?
Create Post

Thread: Marines Medic?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marines Medic?

Hello Everyone,

First of all i must say this is a great sight. All those that were part of this a tip my hat to!

Anyways back to business. I currently attend a highschool that allows me to become a Registered Nurse after I graduate. I know I want to join the military with a career in the medical feild and was wondering if their is a way to become a medic for the Marine Corp. Thanks

The Marine Corps does not have medics. We have the Navy corpsman. They take care of our medical and dental needs. So if you really want to use you medical skills the Navy corpsman position would be great for you. A lot of docs get to do some training with Marines. Good Luck, Bige1371

Credits
    Savings
    I was looking it up and I am interested in a career as a Navy FMF Corpsman. Is thier anyone who could tell me more about them?

The Corpsman I worked with would go out on training missions with the Marines they where assigned to. Usually we would have one per platoon in my company. They are there in case anyone would get hurt or needed an IV or Motrin. When they where not on training ops with us they where at the medical building. They give shots and treat heat victims, along with other medical related stuff. When there where more than one Doc on a training op they could take turns cross training with us. We had a Doc that fired the 240g (a machine gun), prepped explosives, and just about everything we did. I'm sure this isn't the case all of the time but you might get lucky. Hopefully this will give you some kind of idea what to expect. Good luck, Bige1371

I have never met a corpsman that served with the FMF in a conflict that wasn't respected and admired by all of the Marines. And "Doc" is often considered a Marine anyway. Look at different Marine sites, and you will see that FMF Corpsmen are almost always welcome.

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    As for me I was their test tube experiment victim, at that time I had migraines' they would say we have a new pill to try. no more now Jesus is my healer now.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for your help so far, I really appreciate it. Anyways, I was on Navy.com to learn more about becoming an FMF Corpsman. Well as it turns out they blew me off because i was to young. I am currently 15 but still, its never to late to learn right? I am still iterested and was hoping if you guys could help me find a "Devil Doc" that i could e-mail for some information. Thanks again for your help so far.

Thread Information