A delay due to court - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jay,

I don't know about the rest of the board, but I never assumed that you took pleasure in violence. Regardless, you did it. There are crimes that people will judge you on. Generally speaking, unprovoked assault is one of those crimes. I fully believe that you have the ability to turn your life around, but I don't think that a month is long enough to really prove that. Even minimum wage retail jobs come with a 90 day probationary period where you're not supposed to screw up. Life is a lot more serious than a minimum wage retail gig so don't be suprised if it takes you more than a couple of months to prove yourself. I still stand by thinking that you have a lot to work on and should devote yourself to working on those things before enlisting in the Marine Corps.

It is 2 misd. battery charges. IN short i dont remember. I was completely blacked out. i do remember getting the **** kicked out of me. I do remember wanting to jump out of the window in fear of my life. I dont remember doing it but i did, and i remember not wanting a cafiter <(spelling?) in the hospital, after that i started to sober up. When i first made this thread i didnt think it was going to be a big debate on wether or not i am a "woman beater", which i think is so far from the truth, but i know what i think doesnt matter because of what i have done. i simply wanted to give a brief story on what happend and what my waiver was going to intail, but my questions have been answerd and even if it does make you feel better to bash me go for it because not one of you know ME better than ME. Thanks for all the good advise and thanks to those who are not perfect like me.

A lot of Marines in here would not have said squat if it had been any other kind of misdemeanor, but when it comes to hitting women... Well it is totally unacceptable in any way shape or form, in fact I think it rates right alongside a freakin pedophile and I would not be surprised to hear that most Marines around here would feel the same way.

Am I wrong??

Podphile?....I dont think so...... I mean hiting a woman is among the lowest things a man can do, but comparing him to a pedophile..... You have to be kiding......

I'd have to disagree with that but it is on my top ten no-no list. If I had to think up a top ten.

Murder, Pedophilia, rape, being the top three. All punishable by death. No way to rehab these. Although the first could have extenuating circumstances. Hitting a women does not make him a women/wife beater but again it is in my top ten no-no list. It is something that he CAN redeem himself of but it will take a long time to do it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He still hasn't answered my question..................does your recruiter know?

I would say hitting a woman is top 5 on the no no list. (Actually, it is 4 on mine, but that's just me.) But, being in denial of your pathetic actions would rank pretty high as well, and that is exactly what this boy is doing. Until he can just own up to the fact that he is, in fact, a woman beater and that he deserves everything that comes his way I could care less whether he is able to become a Marine, or a ditch digger. In both cases, he isn't ready and he doesn't deserve the respect that comes with even the title of ditch digger.

I think you are exagerating the whole thing..... I dont think this guy is a woman beater..... I think a woman beater is someone who does it constantly... I dont excuse it, I mean if I was there I would have beat the crap out of this guy..... Calling him a woman beater is like calling someone who has ever tried a drug, say once or twice, a drug addict...... Just my opinion.........

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tego it is not the same thing - when someone does/tries drugs they aren't hurting anybody else but themselves (unless it gets really bad and then they start taking people down with them) - THIS GUY HIT A GIRL! ALL of the men know in here that you have to pick your fights and sometimes you're a bigger man if you turn and walk away from it. HE SHOULD HAVE WALKED AWAY! Instead he got a testosterone level boost and hurt SOMEBODY ELSE! If he had stood there and smacked himself around he wouldn't be in the fix he's in now.

Yeah, he'll get past it and maybe he has learned his lesson and won't do it again. If he can't take responsibility for his own actions and take grief from US - how will he do it in the Corps? He'll have worse folks than US on his butt all the time.

And, he's hiding something.................I don't think he's told his recruiter yet. If he hasn't he needs to fess up cause IF he can hide it long enough to get in - it WILL come up later and then he'll want sympathy from somebody because he got kicked out.

Again, JayWLA...................does your recruiter know?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    I would say hitting a woman is top 5 on the no no list. (Actually, it is 4 on mine, but that's just me.) But, being in denial of your pathetic actions would rank pretty high as well, and that is exactly what this boy is doing. Until he can just own up to the fact that he is, in fact, a woman beater and that he deserves everything that comes his way I could care less whether he is able to become a Marine, or a ditch digger. In both cases, he isn't ready and he doesn't deserve the respect that comes with even the title of ditch digger.
    So you will put him above the crack dealer who can affect 100's or thousands? That is my number 4. Hitting a women doesn't make him a "women beater" and to be honest when I think on the law aspect, hitting a women is just above hitting a man. We call it battery but it is assault really. It's the lack of honor or respect towards women that rankles me but it does not drive this crime into the top five no-no's. He hit two people of which they are women. I don't know what they said to him but it normally takes some sort of trigger to get somebody who is drunk, fighting mad. Chances are that whatever that was, if a man had said it to him, he would have hit him instead? But we don't really know and he isn't saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Tego it is not the same thing - when someone does/tries drugs they aren't hurting anybody else but themselves (unless it gets really bad and then they start taking people down with them) - THIS GUY HIT A GIRL! ALL of the men know in here that you have to pick your fights and sometimes you're a bigger man if you turn and walk away from it. HE SHOULD HAVE WALKED AWAY! Instead he got a testosterone level boost and hurt SOMEBODY ELSE! If he had stood there and smacked himself around he wouldn't be in the fix he's in now.

Yeah, he'll get past it and maybe he has learned his lesson and won't do it again. If he can't take responsibility for his own actions and take grief from US - how will he do it in the Corps? He'll have worse folks than US on his butt all the time.

And, he's hiding something.................I don't think he's told his recruiter yet. If he hasn't he needs to fess up cause IF he can hide it long enough to get in - it WILL come up later and then he'll want sympathy from somebody because he got kicked out.

Again, JayWLA...................does your recruiter know?
    Well it was said earlier in this thread that you can be a bridge builder all your life, but if you hit a woman once, you will be known as a woman beater not a bridge builder..... So just because, say... a drug user isn't hurting anyone but himself, as oposed to the "Woman Beater", it changes things?

I believe that both should be judged the same..... just as I wouldn't call a one time drug user a drug addict, I wouldn't call jay a woman beater......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yes.................it does change things because there is no law against trying to hurt yourself. And the trigger that got him mad was ALCOHOL! If he has nuts enough to hit a girl - he ain't got the nuts to hit a man that would have said the same thing.

Lesson is

Do not be so stupid as to say you hit a woman!

Say you were charged with assault and let it go at that.

Just shows how the wrong words, or too much information will screw ya big time.

If he had said assault, then there would be no huge furor like this., However he said he hit a woman and that brought out the guns...

Just as you say it was a matter of words that got him in a heap of trouble on this site. But he was trying to be honest about it. Turns out people would rather kick a person when he is down and that is aok. You might want to admit when you jump on the band wagon, slinging generalizations that are wholly unfounded. A women beater is NOT a person who hits a women. Which is pretty bad in and of itself. His problem is most likely alcohol not women. As far as I have seen he hasn't tried to hide or run away, yet. You asked him a question and I would be surprised if he answers you based on the track record of being bashed from word one. He probably expects you to use any and all information you acquire as ammunition against him. I'd shut my mouth right about now as well. He has also not gone ballistic up to this point, which I know I would have.

Again, respectfully submitted to agree to disagree

rktect3j

There's no such thing as a "bandwagon" when it comes to a man hitting a woman for *any* reason.

Men are stronger...period. A real man would have walked away, it's one thing to push a girl for that split second to get away from an attack, if that's even what it was...but if he raised a hand and assaulted not just one woman but *women* then he doesn't need or deserve a chance to learn skills that would let him kill a woman next time he's not man enough to walk away.

No excuses...ya don't hit females if your male.

Thread Information