A delay due to court - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    To a degree, I agree with you, LivinSoFree. My only hesistation is that Jay is unwilling to come to terms with his actions. He was an assailant. Let's call it what it is. I wouldn't be fully against Jay ever going in the Marine Corps, but if it were up to me, I'd want to know that he had worked through a whole bunch of anger management courses and an entire 12-Step program before I felt fully comfortable serving beside him. I wouldn't want it to be my ass on a barstool one night when he was one drink too many, doesn't like the way I look and decides to beat the crap out of me.

That's not to say that people can't change. Rehabilitation is possible, especially when it's genuinely desired. However, I still stand in the belief that Jay should take a step away from the Marine Corps and focus on getting his act together for a while. The Marine Corps isn't going anywhere and he has until he's 28 to enlist.

jayWLA dont go pating yourself on the back for getting yourself into AA. It wont erase what you did or why you did it. You are scum pure and simple. And dont kid yourself you are a woman beater. You could build bridges your entire life and if you hit one woman once you will never be known as a bridge builder but as a woman beater. You say that isnt who you are and although you like to think you arent blamming it on the alcohol but you are. Ever heard the saying, "En vino es veritas"? Look it up, it applies. I hope against hope that you dont get your waiver approved because you are a piece of garbage.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    So, what exactly happened here? Did you full on fight them like they were men?

who cares. he struck a woman. there is no justifying it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Agreed- there's no reason to be beating on females just because you can. But- if a female comes at me swinging like a male, then the distinction is gone, 'cause if MCMAP has taught us anything, it's that size doesn't generally mean sh*t over training.

I second that. Self-defense is self-defense. Even the law recognizes that you have the right to defend yourself with force against an unprovoked attack. Being that gender is a protected identity in the US, genders don't matter.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Let him go ahead and go in - he'll ruffle some WMs feathers and get his a$$ whooped!

Thanks for all of the advise and sorry to you people who think i am a woman beater. There is no way im not going to deny that, your asumption is that i take a pleasure in doing that or something, is simply wrong. Yet, like i said earlier i know what i have done, and am truthfully changing my life around. i know that wont change any opinions about me for you people that assume to know me because of one mistake i made, but maybe it will. Thanks again
    Jay

I'm on the page with Meyer here. If Jay is REALLY serious about turning his life around, I say he should go for it. But don't get me wrong, I don't wish him luck nor do I sympathize.

If you ever wanna get sauced and tangle with someone again, come on out to Massachusetts, I'll throw a wig on if it suits you better. You're lucky I wasn't in attendance when this went down because I woulda jammed a bottle so far up your *** you'd be drinking through your heart. Clean up your act, but don't expect any quarter from the people on this board.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just out of curiosity - what has your recruiter said about all of this? Or have you told him/her yet?

The ass is the only part of a woman that a guy should ever slap.

Jay, you said "There is no way im not going to deny that" and that tells the whole story. You hit a woman, whether you took pleasure from that is inmaterial. The fact remains, you beat women, you are a woman beater. You did, so you are. The fact that you aren't willing to stand up and admit it shows me that you have no place in MY Marine Corps. Until you can admit your faults, you are not ready to be a man in a world of men.

In my state (Colorado) that conviction just blew your chances of ever owning a firearm, holding a job as a cop/security guard, etc... Just shows how serious those problems are JayWLA... YOU and only YOU are responsible for your actions. That means you are responsible drunk or sober.

I really hope you have changed and are SOBER forever, cuz if not then I do not want you in MY Corps for any reason.

I was taught as a small child that it was wrong to hit a girl/woman... It was so ingrained in my thought processes that it is totally inconcievable to me to hit a woman, or that any other man could do it... It also means I have little to NO regard for someone who stoops so low as to do something like that and then blame it on alcohol/drugs or anything else.

After reading through all of the posts here it has ocurred to me that most have decided to just condem Jay here. He didn't come here for forgiveness just some advice. Nobody here condones his actions but is he not due a shot at redemption. Can't he have that chance to prove he is'nt some scum bag piece of ****. I know I have screwed up at times prior to enlisting in the Corps. I have my regrets for past actions but I feel that I have atoned for those actions since then. After I became a Marine I have done nothing but try to uphold those standards. He seems to be sincere in his attempt at this point and as long as he is going down that road I won't sit here and try to keep him down in order to make myself feel more rightious. I'm a Marine and I have a sense of honor and pride.

Respectfully

rktect3j

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sandman
    who cares. he struck a woman. there is no justifying it.
    I'm not saying there's any justification, just curious to what exactly happened. In my opinion there's a difference between him slapping a girl in the face and him throwing multiple blows to her head/face with a closed fist. Either is wrong, but one seems more f*cked up to me.

Just wondering...

Thread Information