A delay due to court
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question A delay due to court

my original date to leave for bootcamp was march 24, about 10 days before that i learned a huge lesson about drinking and relized that its not for a person like me, before the night was over i blacked out and racked up 2 battery charges(on females- which is not typical of me in any way), among other lessons that dont have to do with the question.

So my recruiter explained to me that i was in need of a waiver due to the charge, what are my chances of still being able to go to bootcamp? if anyone has any idea it would be much appreciated, also:

How long do waiver cases like this usually take?

I have an open contract with "the posibility" of getting aviation mechanics, or at least one of my three choices, so the recruiter says, would the terms of my contract change? If so how?

I also heard that they might not tell me until after a few weeks into bootcamp, is this true, i heard from an officer in admin that is no longer with the corps.

Like i stated above i would appreciate any help and advise i can get, and by all means i want to be in the marines no matter what the job may be.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Too bad it ain't up to me - you wouldn't get past the front gate at either depot for stupid stuff like that.

orahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Marine 84 i agree with you also..

I understand why you think that, but like i said thats not me, and i have learned lessons through this. but maybe there is someone that actually knows information about my situation, and if THEY could answer that would be great. thanks

We don't need woman beaters. Blame it all on the drinking if you want it was still your fist or hand that went across the face or body of a woman. Real tough!! I hope someone teaches you a lesson about hitting a woman and not in court. What a man you are!

dude..your a puss...why would you beat up on girls? THE HELLS WRONG WITH YOU?

If I had my way you'd have an unbreakable appointment with my louisville slugger you girl beating wimp...guys like you only need one thing in their life....a daily azz kicking!

Sounds like you may have learned an important lesson. There are several issues at stake, not the least to mention what my brothers and sister have mentioned above. There is NO excuse for a man to lay his hands on a woman in anger, ever.

Having said that, just a couple of points regarding a waiver. I had to get one as well prior to enlisting, but mine was for a chicken $hit littering charge for toilet papering a house a week before I was supposed to leave for Boot. Thats another story for another time.

Waiver hearings are conducted with the officer in charge of your recruiting station. He will sit down with you and talk about what happened and make a decision regarding whether a waiver is appropriate.

Next, with an open contract, there is no 'chance' of anything. Thats a recruiters way of keeping you on the hook. Open Contract means you get what ever MOS is open and needs bodies at the time you finish Boot. Welcome to the kitchen. Every Open Contract recruit in my platoon ended up in cook school after MCT.

Really, look deep inside yourself and ask the question, "Am I ready to be the best of the best?"

At the risk of repetition, remember, There is no Honor in hurting a woman, someone who lays their hands on a woman in anger has no courage. Commit yourself to being a man, being a Marine MAY come later, after you figure out the rest.

Bill

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My best friends' brother was shot and killed by a man for defending the man's wife (the man was beating her). Be extra careful, man, your actions can hurt a lot more than yourself. And as a second note, just stay away from booze if you can't control yourself.

There are no words jay, no words. you are a coward. I'd be more worried about regaining my manhood, which you will never fully do, than a waiver if I were you. you dont belong in any branch of the service.

The first thing I'd do if I were you, Jay, is run to the nearest AA meeting. As you know, alcohol is a major problem for you. I, like most people, have had a drink or four and been a little tipsy, but I've never ever been violent. Drinking to the point of passing out is unhealthy. Drinking and getting violent is downright dangerous.

I think it might be best that you take a vacation from the DEP and work on yourself for a little while. Get your life in order. Make amends with the women you hurt in an act of drunken rage. Get sober, even if this was the first time you ever had a drop of alcohol. That drink had to be the last drink. You already know you can't trust yourself around alcohol even though you'll be bombarded with it your entire life.

Lessons learned

Just an update: It has been a little over a month since that has happend,

and I am currently doing things including AA and others to help myself, and I have

taken into consideration that I need to finish a few of these counciling type

classes before going to boot camp. And I know that I will never have

another drink of alcohol for the rest of my life, nor do I blame the alcohol for

what I did, it is myself who I blame, I am not a woman beater, never done it

before that night, I really cant speak much of what happend with the girls,

because I dont even remember what they look like, and I dont remember even

doing it. I have written them a letter about a week after it happend and

tried several times to contact them, and dont blame them for not wanting to

talk to me. I have been doing nothing but changeing my life around from

what it used to be, and there is more to the story of what I do remember

after I hit the girls, I actually did get the **** beat out of and feel that it was

deserving of what I did, and ended up in the hospital because from several

major cut from going through the second story window of my apartment. Not

that im not taken the advise given, because I greatly appreciate the advise

given, I am just letting you guys know that my life has taken a 180 degree

turn after that night. Which I am excited about, just praying that still being in

the Marines is part of my future.

Last edited by jinelson; 05-30-06 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Capitalized i's and Marines

Alcohol abuse is a problem in the military, and is something that can end a career. I see no reason why a waiver would be granted to a punk ass kid that can't control himself, or say no to drinking. Add that to hitting a woman, and you should just consider yourself lucky to still be taking in breath. I know that if I had been around when you were drinking, you may well not have that opportunity.

We don't need you or want you. Go somewhere else, maybe then you can get away with trying to blame your short comings on alcohol. It doesn't work here. The Marines were born in a bar, we know what can, and cannot be blamed on alcohol. Your lack of manhood is not among the things that can.

It sounds like you're still in denial, Jay. You are a woman beater. Being that charges have been brought up on you, it was obviously found that you were at fault for the altercations. You hit people (whom happened to be female) in an act that was not self-defense. That makes you an assailant, or in street terms, a woman beater.

I think you have more than some "counseling type classes" to work through before you're ready for the stresses of bootcamp. A month of AA doesn't change your past actions.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Not to play the "good cop" or anything here, but it sounds like the guy's pretty much owned up to his **** here and has made at least a preliminary effort to change his circumstances. How many Marines do we all know who were about a day away from permanently screwing up their life when they joined the Corps? The Corps has turned a lot of lives around, and I *know* that not all of you were perfect before you joined. I'm pretty sure the guy's gotten enough sh*t for a thoroughly bad set of decisions. I'm not excusing it, but all the sh*t talking in the world isn't going to fix the problem- how about a solution?

Jay- if you are in fact sincere about your desire to change, and still wish to persue a career in the United States Marine Corps, I won't lie, it's going to be a much harder road now. Charges like that can impact your ability to gain a security clearance, and in some cases, impede your ability to posses a firearm, even in the context of the military. You'll have to aggressively research the legal ramifications of your actions, as well as consult with someone who knows the MPPM, either your recruiter or someone else. I highly recommend you continue "drying out," and take some anger management courses as well, as this will reflect upon your desire to not repeat your mistakes.

Thread Information