Best MOS Option? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RULE #1 never pass out drunk with Marines or pass out in the presence of drunk Marines.

Beg to differ ............ I went open contract AND I did get an 03 mos . I scored very high on my ASVAB test . And while in boot camp I took it a 2nd time ....... scored very well that time also........... Still an 03......... So your wrong

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I went in open contract and ended up in Ordnance but, then again, I wouldn't have gotten 03 anyway cause I'm SUCH a GIRL.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    RULE #1 never pass out drunk with Marines or pass out in the presence of drunk Marines.
    Been there done that

As far as I know, if you're open contract, it doesn't base whatsoever off your ASVAB, other than making sure you're qualified for what they need. Out of 10 or so open contract recruits in boot camp, every single one of them ended up being finance technicians. Needs of the Marine Corps I suppose, same way everything else works

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    LOL! What? You didn't know that going in?

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Yeah............NBC WOULD suck! I HATED that dam gas chamber!
    Actually, thats the best part of my job, that and being able to teach fellow Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonGunner67
    Beg to differ ............ I went open contract AND I did get an 03 mos . I scored very high on my ASVAB test . And while in boot camp I took it a 2nd time ....... scored very well that time also........... Still an 03......... So your wrong
    I'm not speaking on the behalf of every situation, just that things have changed from 88 when you got out to now. 0311 is the "in crowd", and it is a fast of the shelf quota to get Marines into that OcField. I'm just saying that in the past few years the open contracts have been pushed into Comm, Eng., and other support elements. Recruiting districts have a hard time giving Poolees the 03 quota, because they are few and far between. However i am sure that this is something that has not always been an issue. But it is something that has been occuring over the past few years. Especially after 9/11, everyone was out for blood.

Thread Information