Best MOS Option? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lepke
    With all due respect ma'am, you can't enlist for EOD.

are you saying that EOD is something you're selecter for? or one of those things only men can enlist for?

Negative, you have to Re-enlist into EOD, usually as a Cpl, or a Sgt. However, females are not allowed to work in this MOS, as a lot of times they are augmented with the grunts, and numerous convoy ops. And to answer the poolees question, if you really want the MOS 0300, then your recruiter just has to make a call to MEPs, and try to track down a spot through your district. As for your question regarding CBRN, as this is my MOS i can speak more intelligently. It is not what you think it is, and it won't be what train for. When i PCS'd i went from a NBC wearhouse to the S-3 Training section. Talk about a royal shaft, and sadly thats happening a lot in my MOS. So the sea gave you fair warning, divert away from the 5711 field. There are also a lot of talks of compressing CBRN, EOD, and ATFP into one MOS. Smells like a lat move for me OoRah!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowPaint078
    All though I have a contract for Recon it doesn't mean I will get it, but if not being a doorkicker is sweet too.
    Seriously man...

Any Marine will tell you that the MOS he/she chose is the best one

03's full? yeah ok .......... just sign up with an open contract and see what you get, 0300 almost a given that way.

Wrong again DG...you WONT get 03XX field with an open contract, they'll try and match your ASVAB scores with corresponding support MOS'. Since 03XX quotas are so hard to find or hold on to, the districts can't afford to give them up on they're open contracts, they'll stick them in the MOS' that the Marine Corps needs. Thankfully there are enough motivators out there who want to be a Grunt, because the Grunts are not hurting whatsoever for more Marines.

don't go NBC. the only good think about that mos is you get to run the gas chamber and gas people other than that its pretty much boring sitting in a warehouse checking out gas masks.

It sounds fun but it isn't i think it's right up there with EAF

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah............NBC WOULD suck! I HATED that dam gas chamber!

go ordnancethats a group you are garunteed to have fun least if you get O level. We were always having a blast and very tight knit group if you dont mind getting tapped up and beign put in compromising positions but its all just love HAHAHA

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The best MOS option in the Marine Corps is Infantry

LOL already the motivator..

yea downtime they sweep dirt its one of the most mesmorizing part of a grunts field day... The Corps finds things to clean. I have never known dirt untill I was a Marine and learned how to combat it and it's many ways of hiding from ya.. which SgtMaj ALWAYS knows where to find the dirt you miss

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    We were always having a blast and very tight knit group if you dont mind getting tapped up and beign put in compromising positions but its all just love HAHAHA
    I got taped to a pole, they even taped my mouth shut cause I wouldn't shut up. It took 4 of them to do it cause I went kickin' and screamin' - IYAOYAS BABY!

and dont even know if people could handle an ordie kiss around here... and so far 84 looks like your the lowest on the totem poll

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No way Jose............you better show one of these poolees! I don't have enough fight in me these days.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    I got taped to a pole, they even taped my mouth shut cause I wouldn't shut up. It took 4 of them to do it cause I went kickin' and screamin' - IYAOYAS BABY!
    That hasnt happned to me but I did that to punk a@# freshman durring my junior year.

Thread Information