How do you become the most respect Marine ever?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool How do you become the most respect Marine ever?

Like the greatest marine ever?

I want to be superhuman. I'm serious.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Posthumously!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

I really hope that this question is a joke, even though you said it isn't. If you're serious, look into Marine Corps history a little. You will find that a Marine many think is the greatest ever, Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, won the Navy Cross FIVE times. Or maybe it is Sgt. Maj. Dan Daly who won the Medal of Honor twice. Oh, and don't forget that Major General Smedly Butler also won the Medal of Honor on two occasions.

PFTWannabe, you are not even in the same universe. Even if you really are a stud at PT stuff (of course, I am sure there are plenty of people better at that as well) you are not even in the same universe as the people we consider to be great Marines. If you get there, we will know it, and so will everyone else. If you don't, nobody will be surprised. The fact that you would ask this question tells me that you are motivated by the wrong things, and that these men need not worry about someone else joining their ranks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oh Lord - not another one. Honey, just get yourself a Superman tattoo and call it a day.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I think you start by making it through boot camp.

From all that I have read, a good start to becoming the most respected Marine in history would be to shed the individualist attitude of ever consciously wanting to be somehow "better" than brother Marines. If you research Medal of Honor winners and how they earned the award, the most common similarity between them all is that they blatantly disregarded their own safety and well-being to save the lives of other Marines. That's just my $0.02

I wish you the best of luck in boot camp and a safe and fulfilling career in The Corps!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Oh Lord - not another one. Honey, just get yourself a Superman tattoo and call it a day.
    I almost just fell out of my chair!! Haha!!!

My recruiter was telling me the kids who don't make it through aren't the nerdy kids, or the fat kids, it's the all-stars. The ones who are used to being in the spotlight. He said that "average guys" do the best. And you obviously don't consider yourself an "average guy". So if I were you, I would start worrying more about Recruit Training and less about rising above fellow Marines.

Not that I rate to give any of this advice, just stating what's been explained to me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think this one just got a little extra testosterone thrown in the mixture. Settle down Sparky.............

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    EARN IT ROOKIE!!! DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR...

Just remember, you're only as strong as the weakest link. If you want to be part of something that emphasizes the self, maybe you should look into being an Army of One, but in the Marine Corps, from what I understand, you'll be part of something much greater than yourself.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    zippo,
    just a comment about your post. you're right...they can't grasp the meaning of "teamwork".

Haha this is hilarious...well for starters, besides what everyone else has already mentioned, you should have picked an MOS that had an 03 infront of it lol. By the way stud, a 10:13 1.5 mile equals about a 20:30 3 mile for the PFT, which ain't nowhere near a 300 PFT...got a ways to go...

wow dude you should join the special olympics, seriously you might not be the smartest out there but at least you'll be stronger then them.

Honestly with that kind of attitude nobody will have your back when the s-h-i-t hits the fan.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PFTstud
    Like the greatest marine ever?

I want to be superhuman. I'm serious.
    Official Stats

Pullups: 25 deadhangs
    Situps: 173 in 2 minutes
    Mile 1.5 run: 10:13

Ship Date: 20060628.
    MOS: 2822-- Electronic Switching Equipment Technician.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought joining the Marines was about being a team, joining together for a common good; not a contest of who is a better or the greatest Marine ever. Also in your title, you should have put "respected". Sorry PFTstud, not to get on you, but I don't know if you saw the other side of what you posted.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The best never believe they are the best. They strive to be the best they can, but they never think they are the best, and they don't strive to be noticed because they are the best.

Thread Information