Its official, DD-214's are NOW Online
Create Post
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Thumbs up Its official, DD-214's are NOW Online

    Passing this info on,

    The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to gain access to their DD-214s online: This may be particularly helpful when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes. NPRC is working to make it easier for veterans with computers and Internet access to obtain copies of documents from their military files. Military veterans and the next of kin of deceased former military members may now use a new online military personnel records system to request documents. Other individuals with a need for documents must still complete the Standard Form 180, which can be downloaded from the online web site. Because the requester will be asked to supply all information essential for NPRC to process the request, delays tha normally occur when NPRC has to ask veterans for additional information will be minimized. The new web-based application was designed to provide better service on these requests by eliminating the records center's mailroom processing time.

  2. #2
    Thx, Capt.

  3. #3
    Thank you...

  4. #4
    Thanks Captain

  5. #5
    Thank you Sir for your help

  6. #6
    Add my thanks to the list sir.

    Semper Fi!

    Chuck Clark

  7. #7
    Marine Free Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Grove City, Ohio
    I've used that a couple times already. The copies they sent me looked like really bad smudged faxes. Too bad we cannot view them online so we could print out clear copies.

  8. #8


    so how does one get his dd214 online?

  9. #9
    I am on AOL and can't get the dd214 online....

  10. #10
    Guest Free Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Providence County
    Quote Originally Posted by buenobill View Post
    I am on AOL and can't get the dd214 online....
    Here you go My Brother.
    Click on the Link.

    Semper Fi,

  11. #11
    Marine Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    25 38' N, 54 26' E
    You can print out a request and fill it in, but it is still by snail mail.

    BTW, this thread is only 4 years old, to the day.

  12. #12
    Yes fill it out and you can fax it and it is a hole lot faster. Have got them back for some guys in a week. Hole lot better than it use to be.

  13. #13

    Correcting your dd214

    Thanx for the info Captain. If you want a copy of your dd214 it's an excellent place to go. Not for corrections to your dd214 however. An entirely different process. The dates, places and ribbons/awards were all hosed up on my original. It did include my Gold wings however so I let it be and stuffed it away in '66. When 911 hit, I got all that "stuff" out, arranged everything in a display case. And of course remembered the times and situations with my fellow Marines. Characters they were! After getting my dd214 out and recognizing the errors I contacted my local veterans service officer. We composed and submitted a form specifically for correcting one's dd214. Roughly half of my time overseas was not included. Fortunately I had a copy of the original orders for my unit (1st ANGLICO) with my name/rank/ser# and MOS included on the roster. I was also presented with Viet Namese Jump Wings and included the certificate presented to me. I have found noone on this website or others who also received this award. But have had no luck. At this point I want to make sure that as I age and look back at my dd214 it is, as a matter of fact, a true reflection of what actually happened. This form was submitted in Feb of this year. Probably won't hear anything till the fall. I can wait. SF

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts