This is what losing 80 pounds looks like - ALL FAT BODIES COME IN HERE! - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My next *after* picture that you will see will be me in a set of well earned dress blues.

Platoon Leader Platinum Member jinelson's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    With John leaving for recruit training I decided to make this thread a sticky one. It will stand as testament and motivation for those who follow here in the recuit forums. No obsticle is to big to overcome if you want to be a Marine with all your heart.

Jim

No better friend/No worse enemy

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well said SSgt!

Alex

I wish I had found these forums sooner. His advice is very true and it does work, especially the HITT program. That alone has helped me maintain if not lose a little extra weight on the side. I know Accord will earn the title because he's determined. Thank you for stickying this topic SSgt.

I got two questions for you.
    1. How did you do it.
    2. How come your after pictures dont have any stretch marks? I lost almost 50 pounds and i have stretch marks around my whole waist, my back, my arm, and my legs. I would really like to know how you got rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzAlex
    I got two questions for you.
    1. How did you do it.
    2. How come your after pictures dont have any stretch marks? I lost almost 50 pounds and i have stretch marks around my whole waist, my back, my arm, and my legs. I would really like to know how you got rid of them.
    i lost 70lbs and i also have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Accord
    If earning the title of United States Marine does not motivate you, then nothing will.
    That reward alone is motivating me beyond belief. My problem is that I have no previous workout experience, so I have no idea how to design a workout plan (I don't even know any specific weight techniques or what muscle groups they work), and I also don't have any weightlifting equipment.

Where can I get help with creating a strong workout and healthy, efficient eating plan, and where can I use weight equipment without dishing out hundreds of dollars for gym membership (definitely can't afford that at the moment, and I don't know anyone with the gear)?

Also, Accord mentioned fat bodies who are too embarrassed by their current condition to even walk into the recruiting office. I fall under that category. What's the solution - go ahead and walk in, or just wait until I'm in shape to start the whole recruiting process?

Thank you!

Last edited by jinelson; 01-13-07 at 09:07 PM.

As for an eating plan, I have no idea. Google it As for working out, just run do situps, pushups, and pullups. You dontneed any equipment for any of this. The only thing that requires anything at all is pullups and I just use the stairs outside my apartment for that. You will be amazed at the strength pushups can give you too. I dont need weights when I have 180 pounds of flesh I can push up and down :P. A good thing is to do 1 pullup, 10 pushups, 2 pullups, 10 pushups, 3 , 10 , 2, 10, 1, 10. You will increase your pull-ups and push-ups quick that way. You may not be able to do all the pullups however, so do what you can and for the rest do negatives (get help up there and by yourself slowing come down).

As for running, start out walking 1.5-2 minutes with 90-120 seconds of jogging. Alternating that is. Cover 2 miles. Never less. As you get more used to it, run more walk less and cover farther distances.

A good thing for situps would be like 15-20 reps x 2. About a 10 second break in between. Do that like 2-3 times a day.

Stretch before and after always. And dont take a day off for soreness. That is the worst thing you an do.
    Lets see, also dont confuse pushups and pullups. They work different muscle groups. Situps will not help your pullups near as much as a pullup itself will.

All of this information is a click away from goodle :P Some ofit out of my Marine Corps handbook.

Anyways good luck to you. I apologize for improper seplling and incoherency of this post. It is very early.

Those are some great tips Robertsjay. I'll go and try that pullup,pushup workout.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by agravlin
    That reward alone is motivating me beyond belief. My problem is that I have no previous workout experience, so I have no idea how to design a workout plan (I don't even know any specific weight techniques or what muscle groups they work), and I also don't have any weightlifting equipment.

Where can I get help with creating a strong workout and healthy, efficient eating plan, and where can I use weight equipment without dishing out hundreds of dollars for gym membership (definitely can't afford that at the moment, and I don't know anyone with the gear)?

Also, Accord mentioned fat bodies who are too embarrassed by their current condition to even walk into the recruiting office. I fall under that category. What's the solution - go ahead and walk in, or just wait until I'm in shape to start the whole recruiting process?

Thank you!
    The recruiter wont go up to you and talk. I'm sorry for one to say that, but from what my recruiter tells me, is that he will not go up to anyone that looks overweight. When you go into the RS he/she is going to let you know, if you are overweight, and do look overweight that "you will not pass the IST, Or MEPS will not let you DEP in." Some words that I hear from him, from time to time. Basicly he wont talk to a fat body because it takes time to lose weight. Accord did lose that weight, but it took time.

My recruiter can't do anything about somoene that is overweight so he wont spend time on them. But its best to go ahead and go in there see what the recruiter says. He/she will take your weight and height and put it together see if you meet the requirements. But even if your not close to the requirements, go up there talk to him/her. See if they will let you go to the Pool Functions. TALK TO THEM... only way you will get anywhere.

Thanks

Accord,

Thank you for posting this message.

I am a 27 year old guy who has been thinking about joining the military for a long time. I am recently divorced, so now I really have the opportunity to go after this dream before I get too old. However, the thing that is holding me back now is my weight. I'm 5'9 and weigh 240 - which means I need to lose around 60 pounds. After reading this post I now have a plan and am going to start hardcore with my diet and exercise. Thank you!

David

No recovery period? what about for curling and benching. I do pullups and pushups every day though.

My son's sucess story!

I was a skinny runt when I went to boot camp in 1976 5'2" 116#, came out at 5'4" 136#, I gained weight in boot camp. Now my son unlike me has always been a big kid, as a Junior in high school he was 5'10" 256# and a hell of an offense lineman. He had always wanted to be a Marine and went to see the recruiter they said he had to get to 220# to sign up. So he started cutting back on his eats, no 2nds and not eatting late, plus working out alot with the football team. I can remember his football coach telling him to stop loosing weigh for the girls and asked him if he was sick or something. (offensive lineman need weight) Any way he made the weight and signed up. Then he put back on some of the weight and had an outstanding senior year. What he forgot to tell us was that he needed to get to 217# at 5'11" to go to boot camp. So when he went to report in a week before he was suppose to go to boot came he was 247#, 30# over weight. He went on a crash diet fruits vegs, no food and plenty of PT. He didnt make his ship date, but by 5 weeks he did make it with 2# to spare. so he went to boot camp at 215#. That made him a fat body, so for the first half of boot he caught hell, but once he got under his weight limit it was smooth sailing. He graduated Jan.12 at 185#, he is now a Marine! I'm so proud of him, he is in the best shape of his life!

sempi fi

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by mortar-E-4
    kick'in ass bro!!! keep it up!
    If you are a Sergeant, aren't you an E-5? Or did you get promoted since you joined?

Credits
    Savings
    The blackened out face makes it look like you were snacking on house pets... and if that was the case, cutting back seems to have worked. Good job though, I'm really impressed.

Thread Information