This is what losing 80 pounds looks like - ALL FAT BODIES COME IN HERE! - Page 24
Create Post
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier Collado View Post
    I have to loose weight before boot camp im 209lbs and have to be 186lbs and helpful tips that i can use i dnt have a gym membership and was wondering what i can do at home
    Do a search on the site as tips in weight loss has been covered before....and you may also want to try google.

Motivation for all yall overweight wannabe's/Poolees

Get ALL the weight off before you hit MCRD! DO NOT take a weight waiver because off the back you WILL be a target at day 1! Trust me......I played with the DI's ALL the time.

Heres what I looked before I DEP'd in....*All nasty and disgusting*

Here's the progress while in the DEP.....

And now.....

Get it off and get into the best shape you can before you go or THEY WILL get it off you the Marine Corps way!

I don't have any picture, but I use to be a fat body. I was between 180 and 190. I started to run a mile every day, that's all I could do because I would get winded. I was running 12:30 minute miles and have to walk a bit to. Within several months, I lost 40ish pounds and weighed 140. My metabolism kicked in high gear. now I weigh 155 cause I work out and eat tons of pasta and lean meat to gain muscle. I'm running 10:09 1.5 miles and doing 14 pull ups up from 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieske View Post
    I don't have any picture, but I use to be a fat body. I was between 180 and 190. I started to run a mile every day, that's all I could do because I would get winded. I was running 12:30 minute miles and have to walk a bit to. Within several months, I lost 40ish pounds and weighed 140. My metabolism kicked in high gear. now I weigh 155 cause I work out and eat tons of pasta and lean meat to gain muscle. I'm running 10:09 1.5 miles and doing 14 pull ups up from 4.

Good to hear

As a freshman in Highschool I weighed in at roughly 175lbs standing 5'9
    (now 5'11)
    I played football all through highschool as a lineman which started(haha) my freshman year. Yeah, I learned quick -even on JV- that big guys had it made as lineman. You didn't even have to be superstrong to be good if you had enough weight behind you.

So I bulked up..a LOT. I went from 175 to 250 by my junior year. It helped tremendously.

But as thime progressed I could feel the pain in my legs from running all the time with all that extra load.

During my Junior year I went and talked with a recruiter in my area for the Corps with my father. HE asked me how much I weighed and I said 250ish. As Soon as I siad that he measured my height and told me what I had to get down to to enlist- if that is really what I wanted to do.

As my senior year has been rolling I've been getting at it, running and everything else, I've dropped down to 210. enlisted a couple months back and haven't looked back

Right now I'm at a 12:15 1.5 mile, and only pulling 3 pullups.

The extra weight SUCKS, and I project when I'm at 180ish( I have decent muscle mass, and don't really want to lose it by cutting to sub150) I'll crank out 20+ pullups. And run a 9 minute 1.5 mile

When I first stepped into the recruiters office October 2011, I weighed 247. I now weigh 204, being 6'0" i need to be 202 to ship MCRD San Diego 20120423. 06xx Communications. Delta Bravo. 2nd Battalion Golf Company.

1.5 in 11:39
    3 mile in 24:17
    11 Pull ups
    116 Sit ups

Last edited by Lisa 23; 03-07-12 at 05:38 PM. Reason: You're not no recruit yet, not until you step on those yellow footprints at MCRD.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I wouldn't consider myself fat but I'd say I'm a little on the pudgy/chubby side. I'm 5'5" and weight in at 150. I officially became a poole March 13th and since then have been trying to lose my unneeded fat. Being hispanic, there's not too much "healthy" food around the house. We eat rice with every meal, lots of fried foods, etc. I have been trying to lose but I've seen I'm only at 148 now. I read a lot about 6 meals a day but I don't know how to start honestly. What do I eat specifically to make that 6 meals a day? Also, I've been trying to focus on improving for my IST my last IST scores were
    1.5 run: 14:27
    crunches: 67
    pulls ups: 2
    How do I get better at running? (Running tips, etc) or the pull ups? Please help! Will post a picture of me soon

Quote Originally Posted by XavierU View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself fat but I'd say I'm a little on the pudgy/chubby side. I'm 5'5" and weight in at 150. I officially became a poole March 13th and since then have been trying to lose my unneeded fat. Being hispanic, there's not too much "healthy" food around the house. We eat rice with every meal, lots of fried foods, etc. I have been trying to lose but I've seen I'm only at 148 now. I read a lot about 6 meals a day but I don't know how to start honestly. What do I eat specifically to make that 6 meals a day? Also, I've been trying to focus on improving for my IST my last IST scores were
    1.5 run: 14:27
    crunches: 67
    pulls ups: 2
    How do I get better at running? (Running tips, etc) or the pull ups? Please help! Will post a picture of me soon
    Sounds like me when i first signed up. Back when i did junior Marine stuff when i was 17 I did like 24 pull ups and 120 crunches and 9:30 on running. I ended up not actually signing up till now and i'm 22. My first ist score was 15 on running, 5 pull ups and 67 sit ups. I almost cried, I was a beast back in school but i slacked off and worked and stopped working out.
    I weighed 185 back when i was 17, i was 195 after my first ist 5 months ago. I ate nothing but healthy really. Salads with chicken and lunch meat sandwiches(not that healthy lol) and most important No sugar drinks. I drink a crap load, so without sugar i was feeling alot better. I drank water for about first 2 and a half to 3 months straight and ate what i just said, but i did eat out here and there but did portion control.
    Next i joined the gym and i did 20 min cardio when i first got there, and worked out on almost every muscle everyday and b4 u leave do another 20 min cardio, either running or bike or liptical. main focus i wanted was to increase my pull ups. I did the pull down machine every day and tried to bench 2 to 3 times a week. Make sure you do sit ups almost everyday as well.
    After all of that for about 4 to 5 months (i forget how long it been) we are here now and i'm about to head to boot camp. I weight 170 pounds, i run 10:30, 101 sit ups and 15 pull ups. One thing i would of changed was, i did alot of liptical and bike. It didn't help jack crap when i actually ran. My legs cramped up and the only thing it did help me with was my stamina. So make sure you run almost everyday. I never actually ran 3 miles yet, i usually run 1.5 miles and stop, or jog for 20 min. So yeah i almost doubled all my stuff just by eating better and working out alot.

Thread Information