This is what losing 80 pounds looks like - ALL FAT BODIES COME IN HERE! - Page 19
Create Post
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 349
  1. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    Weighed in a little over 310 pounds back in Sep 09.

    Currently at 215.

    Grew up in NY and had a somewhat active lifestyle, but working in an ambulance and not eating right led me to get so fat.

    Well making a choice to change my life and my career, I decided to join the Marines.

    A few months back I recently moved to California, and I am currently attending local Poolee functions in Lancaster.
    Daaaamn, I'd ask for a tip but I already got my diet and workout planned, and it's doing pretty good so far.

    To lose weight that fast though I'm guessing you've been on about a thousand calorie diet and some rough exercise. (at least an hour a day) Am I right?




  2. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Daaaamn, I'd ask for a tip but I already got my diet and workout planned, and it's doing pretty good so far.

    To lose weight that fast though I'm guessing you've been on about a thousand calorie diet and some rough exercise. (at least an hour a day) Am I right?

    Thanks!!


    Correct, 1000 calories a day, 2 separate meals with all the apples I can eat if I felt hungry at night...lol

    Gym was 2 hours a day Monday- Fri, all cardio. Gave myself a break on Sat and Sun.

    After I lost the required weight to Dep in, I started weight training.

    I lost alot of muscle during my diet.


  3. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    Thanks!!


    Correct, 1000 calories a day, 2 separate meals with all the apples I can eat if I felt hungry at night...lol

    Gym was 2 hours a day Monday- Fri, all cardio. Gave myself a break on Sat and Sun.

    After I lost the required weight to Dep in, I started weight training.

    I lost alot of muscle during my diet.
    Ah, yeah I'm an a 1,000 calorie diet as well, used to be 800 but I added some fruits.

    My diet usually consists of 1 egg (scrambled and microwaved), 1 round bread, 1 medium potato, 1 banana, 1/2 an apple, 1/2 an orange, and 1 cup of white rice. then I divide all of this into 4 meals, one in the morning, one at noon, one in the evening, and a free one where I can either snack on or have when ever I damn well please.

    Also I used to be a real soda-holic type of person I used to drink 6-8 cans of diet pepsi a day, I switched from that to diet tea (diet green tea lipton) 0 calories and a fourth caffeine of diet pepsi. I usually have 3-5 of those a day, and a gallon of water, for hydration. Then I have my work out regimen, I do my upper body on Monday, and then do my lower body on Tuesday (includes running), Upper body on Wednesday, and lower body on Thursday, and so on, though Sunday is my free day.

    A recruiter moved another poolee's ship out date to the same as mine, he previously stated that he thought that the poolee was going to have a rough time in basic, I think he expects me to help him out during basic. I also think that the poolee will not be ready by Dec 6. Not physically, but mentally, or maybe both. He's a bit of a I'm going to try to talk him out of it of course, soon as I get the chance, not because I don't like the poolee, but because I don't think he'll be prepared by then.

    Semper Fi.

    Edit: Oh and don't be afraid to workout while dieting, you'll have a higher metabolism when you workout and diet, you'll also burn whatever it was you eat while working out, so even if you do gain muscle mass you'll still be losing weight. You also will probably be less hungry throughout the day, causing you to not take a snack or two that you chose for your diet.


  4. #274
    I don't think anyone can be mentally prepared for boot camp


  5. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post

    Edit: Oh and don't be afraid to workout while dieting, you'll have a higher metabolism when you workout and diet, you'll also burn whatever it was you eat while working out, so even if you do gain muscle mass you'll still be losing weight. You also will probably be less hungry throughout the day, causing you to not take a snack or two that you chose for your diet.
    Thanks

    Its not that I was afraid to work out while dieting, I just simply couldn't do it.

    While I was dieting I was also working full time, a total of 55-70 hours a week, and I didn't want to kill myself so I made a choice, to only do Cardio based workouts till I make weight and till I move to California where I wouldnt be working full time and I would be basically waiting to ship out, this woul give me an advantage.

    Well I made weight, and I moved to Cali, so I still do cardio at PT with the rest of the poolee's, but Now I joined the local gym and have been a member for a couple months now, adjusted my diet with more protien, and its been good so far.


  6. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsontc11 View Post
    I don't think anyone can be mentally prepared for boot camp

    True, but watching real life Boot camp Movies help, like " Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click " I bought the DVD not too long ago, and I think its the best documentary of USMC boot camp out there, gives you a raw heads up of whats comming.

    While I still think I am going to get a shock when I hit those yellow steps, Its good to learn as much as you can this way you dont go nuts in boot


  7. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    Thanks

    Its not that I was afraid to work out while dieting, I just simply couldn't do it.

    While I was dieting I was also working full time, a total of 55-70 hours a week, and I didn't want to kill myself so I made a choice, to only do Cardio based workouts till I make weight and till I move to California where I wouldnt be working full time and I would be basically waiting to ship out, this woul give me an advantage.

    Well I made weight, and I moved to Cali, so I still do cardio at PT with the rest of the poolee's, but Now I joined the local gym and have been a member for a couple months now, adjusted my diet with more protien, and its been good so far.
    Ooooh, I see, yeah not having a job makes working out and dieting easier, can't wait till I become a Marine though. 20 years of health benefits, and exercise, I don't think I make to bold a statement when I say those who graduate Recruit Training become miniature athletes.

    But glad to hear you have more time to work out, just think, if you become a Marine, you'll get to workout all the time! Also I just started trying Cardio, we'll see if it helps when I run tomorrow. I can't really call my cardio workout upper body or lower body since it's mostly helping me heart and me lungs. So I'm just going to do it on my upper body workout regimen days.


  8. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    started trying Cardio, we'll see if it helps when I run tomorrow. I can't really call my cardio workout upper body or lower body since it's mostly helping me heart and me lungs. So I'm just going to do it on my upper body workout regimen days.

    If you want good cardio, and your not up to running all the time, try this machine at a local gym.



    I found it to be a great help, both with Cardio, and making your legs stronger and getting them ready for for all the running you'll be doing at PT or boot.


  9. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    Weighed in a little over 310 pounds back in Sep 09.





    Currently at 215.





    Grew up in NY and had a somewhat active lifestyle, but working in an ambulance and not eating right led me to get so fat.

    Well making a choice to change my life and my career, I decided to join the Marines.

    A few months back I recently moved to California, and I am currently attending local Poolee functions in Lancaster.
    Modivated LANCASTER


  10. #280

  11. #281
    That is awesome man. I do not get though how people can let their weight get out of hand and not do anything about it. Obesity is an epidemic of lazyness.


  12. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Vloyanetes View Post
    That is awesome man. I do not get though how people can let their weight get out of hand and not do anything about it. Obesity is an epidemic of lazyness.

    For me it was my line of work, working in an ambulance does not promote healthy eating habbits, and during the winter when your stuck inside waiting for a call only thing to keep bizzy was to read and eat lol

    Of course that is no excuse, no one held a gun to my head, but I know I was man enough to say enough is enough, and I put myself on the right track. I went from a Size 44-46 to a 34.

    I leave for Boot July 26th, so I am hoping to be even thinner and in far better shape when I graduate.


  13. #283
    Back in September, I weighed in at 196 pounds. Just a week ago I am finally down to 146, and I needed to be at 150 in order to enlist. Interval training really helped with the last 15 pounds but I owe most of it to a good diet, weight training and doing cardio regularly.

    I will try to post pictures when I get a chance. Stay motivated!


  14. #284
    so here is me when i was 280 iam at 196 right now so i lost about 80 lbs needless to say it took hard work about 4 months but hard work pays off! So stay motivated for anyone that is overweight it can be done.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0040.jpg‎
Views:	127
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	8778   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0100.jpg‎
Views:	112
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	8779   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0378.jpg‎
Views:	126
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	8780  


  15. #285
    Congrats OnTheRun, you've made great progress.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts