Pomp, unusual circumstance - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    She shouldnt have any problems with strength test totting that damn big tuba or what ever they call that big honken thing.A Camp Gieger Marine, hopre it is as still as tight(squared away) as it was for me 28 yrs. ago.(aaahhh crap I just ruined my night)

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

LCpl Maureen in San Diego

So it's been very long since I've updated on LCpl Maureen Gard. She is now stationed at MCRD San Diego - with her now husband Cpl Austin Jones. Austin and Maureen went to HS together, played in the band together and joined the Marines a couple of months apart. Austin graduated from MCRD San Diego in Jan 06 and Maureen from PI in April 06. Both went to the School Of Music at Little Creek and the CWO there took a liking these 2 dedicated Marines. He pulled some strings for them and when Austin originally was supposed to be stationed at 29 Palms, he later learned he was going to San Diego as Maureen was going to be there as well. OOHRAH!

So, did I completely approve of the Civil Ceremony they had in March without my knowledge? Well, no...but hey - they are of age and as far as I'm concerned, if they're old enough to be a Marine, they're old enough to make their own life decisions.

THey will have a FULL-BLOWN military wedding next year - but for now they are enjoying their townhouse in Chula Vista - Plus I don't have to pay for a hotel when I've gone out there for business and gotten to spend a couple of days with them!!

Well, what are the odds I come here looking for Marine Corps knowledge for my Meritorious Corporal board and I find LCpl Gard from bootcamp, and her Mom as well!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey there!! TOO FUNNY!! How are you doing?? You need to send LCpl Gard an email and get some conversation going. She is down in the dumps on the music and band right now --- she needs to feel fortunate she's not on the other side of the world as you are and apart from family. She's such a good Marine, but I don't believe she really realizes how bad it could be for her.

I won't say "Say HI to your Mom for me" - since I IM her all the time!

Have a great one - wise one!

Joanne

Yes, she definately needs to cheer up. She could be a whole country apart from her family (like you said) and stuck on a tiny little island where it's impossible to get a driving license, you have a midnight curfew, and you can't leave base without a liberty buddy. Then having a command that wants to treat you like you are in bootcamp again. Oh.. and smile - you could be running boots, uts, flak jacket and a 35 pound weight for PT. I'll play the sax any day over this life!

Thread Information