What is a "blanket party" or whatever its called?
Create Post

What is a "blanket party" or whatever its called?

Like the topic states, I'm wondering what a "blanket party" is. I've heard this term used in a few topics but I have no idea what it means. The way its been used it seems like its not a good thing haha. Thanks in advance.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wayne, what would happen to you if you walked through Patterson or East Orange at night?

You'll know it if it ever happens to you. Be squared away and don't worry about it.

Hmm, I've never been brave enough to try. But I suspect I'd prolly be shancked by some illegal immigrants or drug dealers or something. Im not following though as to what a blanket party is lol forgive my naiveness I guess is the word I'm looking for. Is it an ass kicking from your fellow recruits when you're sleeping or something?

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne3000
    Hmm, I've never been brave enough to try. But I suspect I'd prolly be shancked by some illegal immigrants or drug dealers or something. Im not following though as to what a blanket party is lol forgive my naiveness I guess is the word I'm looking for. Is it an ass kicking from your fellow recruits when you're sleeping or something?
    Have you not seen the movie full metal jacket?

Ok nevermind guys, I google'd "blanket party in the USMC" and got this: http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1331943 so I know nwo lol. That doesnt sound like too much fun I must admit haha. Also, my friend just lent me Full Metal Jacket and I plan on watching it sometime this weekend. Its my first viewing of it and I've heard its fairly good. Thanks guys

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It involves towels and soap bars. Watch Full Metal Jacket and you'll see an example. We never had one in my platoon---don't personally know anyone that had it happen to them.

BigWayne3000:

You sound like a prime candidate for a good Short Sheet Party.

Credits
    Savings
    Blanket party is what they did to gomer pile in full metal jacket. I was surprised no recruits gave me one of them, they threatened to a few times, , I thought they were just joking around, but nothing in recruit training is a joke.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Pay Back's A *****!!!!!!!!!

WE HAD MORE THAN 1,DURING BOOT CAMP,P.I.68'GOT REAL TIRED OF DOING BEND'S&WOOPIE'S'ALL DAY,BECAUSE OTHER'S DIDN'T TOW THE LINE! HELL IT WAS THE MARINE CORPS. ****ING BOY'S LOVE TOO FIGHT,ESPECIALLY WHEN ****ED!

Its a motivational tool designed to ensure the rapid progression of learning.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would have never guessed Lorix would have been threatened with one.............imagine!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Yeah,

Go figure...????

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LMAO short sheeting was the best thing ever lol. Hop into the rack and can't get all the way in LMFAO. Sometimes they'd fall out. We never had a blanket party, but we did our fare share of letting the lesser recruits know who they were.

Thread Information