For Those About To Ship
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

For Those About To Ship - Class Of 2007 Post

Its May and that marks the start of when the majority of our Poolees will ship to MCRD San Diego or MCRD Parris Island. As you leave here you will shed your rank of Poolee for the rank of US Marine Recruit and endure the challenge for The Title of United States Marine. Over the next few months the bulk of the Poolee Class of 2006 will be gone and many wannabes will DEP in and become next years Poolee class. We have quite a number that will be leaving here during May and to you I wish you all well and my best. I have the utmost confidence that you have more knowlege than many you will meet in your given Platoons. I know from reading your threads that you are physicaly fit to achieve your goal and claim your prize. The rest is up to you now but, know this you are as best prepared as you can possibly be. Listen up to your Drill Instructors their mission is to make you into a Marine. You will hate them, fear them and respect them but when its all over you will admire them and will want to be just like them. When you have earned The Title please come back to Leatherneck.com and pass on your knowlege to those that will follow you as that is one of our Corps traditions. Now get out there and make us proud.

Stay Motivated

Jim

Last edited by jinelson; 05-23-07 at 10:00 AM.

Thank you sir, shipping in 3 weeks to the day, excited, scared, and everything all rolled into one.

Thank you again for the motivating words.

SSgt Jim Nelson is correct in everything that he has said and done for you poolees, Some of you will do better than others during your course to achieve the title but remember we as Marines do things as a Team and not individuals, There is no place in My Marine Corps for individuals just like there is no place for individuals in a State of War. So when you see a fellow Marine start to faulter reach down and grab him or her and tell them you are with them and motivate each other to achieve your goal. Listen to your NCOs and Staff NCOs because these are the Marines that have gone before you and can teach you well. I am very proud of to know each and everyone of you so lets get the job done and report back here when the goal has been reached.
    Make us all proud to call you Brothers and Sisters.. Semper Fi oorahhhhhhhhh

Last edited by jinelson; 05-02-06 at 04:32 AM.

I'm looking forward to leave in August, thanks for the moto SSgt. Good to go Sir.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you so much for the motivation, sirs. I don't leave until July, but that really isn't so very far away. I will push until my "good is my better, and my better is my best," and then some. Thanks again.

Thanks. Just 13 days till I leave.

Credits
    Savings
    Make us proud, Poolees. I admire and respect each and every one of you who have accepted the challenge to join our Brotherhood. Direct your fear of the unknown and the challenges that lie before you toward the ultimate goal: the title of United States Marine.

Roger that Ssgt.

remember the title Marine is not given,it is earned make us proud. good luck to all

Thank you sir... I leave in 5 long weeks... And I can't wait...

AYE SIR! I leave in june 19 and I am motivated to earn that sweet title and serve my country

Last edited by jinelson; 05-02-06 at 11:04 PM.

Stay Motivated

Yes, Stay Motivated!

I wanna see them glowing EGA's when ya'll come back!

See ya when I see ya, boys and girls!

Congrats on makin a great choice future "devils". You made your family, friends and us proud already of your choice. Now make yourself proud and earn the "Eagle, Globe and Anchor". No such thing as an "EGA" where I came from.

Recruits remember be smart, be safe, and only come back with the title of MARINE. You are about to embark on something that you will never forget and no one can ever take away. Also make sure to replace yourself in the Delayed Entry Program, give someone else the chance to become one of the Few and Proud just like someone once gave you. Good luck always stay motivated and no matter how hard it may get, think about those individuals that have accomplished becoming a Marine for the last 230 years.

Semper Fidelis

Thread Information