Marine Bootcamp
Create Post

Thread: Marine Bootcamp

Marine Bootcamp

whats the hardest part of the 13 week Marine Bootcamp challenge?

Martial Arts Tae Kwon Do

oh yeah an i also wanted to ask about because i reading about the training... Marines learn Martial arts am i correct? I take Tae Kwon Do 3 days a week... if i were to go into the Marines, can i hold my belt rank when i go in? I still have time before i can enlist but currently, well last week Thursday i just recieved my Tae Kwon Do belt rank score. I passed and i went from a 2nd reccomended yellow belt to now i am an 8th Decided Orange Belt. I skipped 1-half step. If my score had been low i wouldve been a reccomended orange belt but im really glad i did well so i went from yellow to 8th decided orange belt with a black stripe.

Hardest part... Probably just keeping the mental endurance to stay 100% in the game for 13 weeks straight. The details you will see when you hit the footprints.

As far as MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program), you will not keep your rating from TKD. It's a very different discipline, and every recruit comes out as a tan belt.

Smile k thanx

so how does your Martial Arts program run with the belt ranking systems?? Is there a specific order color belt recruits earn in order to get the next step color? And what types of defense techniques do all recruits learn?

I am a Cpl in the reserves and I went through bootcamp in march 2001 and graduated in june 2001. Bootcamp is all mental and a little physical. I have so many great memories of bootcamp. I went in with my best friend and we had a BLAST! It was so much fun I could definitly say that I would do it again in a heart beat! Just keep your head up and stay postive, time does fly by!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Faith just a bit of advice before you ask a Marine a question you should check and see if the question has been answered before. Had you bothered to look you would have seen that this exact question was asked 10 threads down in the same forum and has 3 pages of answers. Please read "Hardest Part Of Boot Camp" on the link below! The word is RESEARCH

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28101

srry, i didnt realize i had asked the question already

Quote Originally Posted by faith
    srry, i didnt realize i had asked the question already
    Well square your self away , double time !!

Thread Information