The Recon Ron Pullup Program - GUARANTEED to have you doing 20 pullups - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 108
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyj View Post
    skip to week 11 and put weights around your feet
    i was thinking about going to week 14 but no weights, i think i like ur idea more. how much weight should i be using??, it feels like 4 pounds per ankle makes a HUGE diff. like 10 times harder.


  2. #92
    At my school, I do some pullups with a weight belt, first starting with 25lbs. Do as many As I can, then drop the weight to a 10lb on the belt, do as many as I can, then take off the belt, and do as many as I can.

    Weighted pullup are awesome to improve on getting more pullups. But I recommend people doing this if and only if they have over 10 pullups.


  3. #93
    damn, i do maybe 10 or so pull ups with 8 pounds , how many u do with 25 lbs?


  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by holey336 View Post
    damn, i do maybe 10 or so pull ups with 8 pounds , how many u do with 25 lbs?
    I am pretty sure I nailed 9 with it, but it was tough. Do not worry, as long as you are feeling it with what you are doing then you should improve. ANND, other back exercises help you do more pullups. Back extensions, dumbbell rows, lat rolls. Grip exercises help with gripping the bar. Stuff like that.

    I managed to get from 16 to where I'm at from doing other exercises that help strengthen the muscles you use to do pullups.


  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by PooleeGewarges View Post
    I am pretty sure I nailed 9 with it, but it was tough. Do not worry, as long as you are feeling it with what you are doing then you should improve. ANND, other back exercises help you do more pullups. Back extensions, dumbbell rows, lat rolls. Grip exercises help with gripping the bar. Stuff like that.

    I managed to get from 16 to where I'm at from doing other exercises that help strengthen the muscles you use to do pullups.
    damn i gotta step my game up n do it quick, lol. i think after my next pull up work out (tomorrow) im going to take a 10 min breather at the end, load up my ankle weights to the max (20lbs) and just go for broke, if i can get in 5 ill b happy


  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by holey336 View Post
    damn i gotta step my game up n do it quick, lol. i think after my next pull up work out (tomorrow) im going to take a 10 min breather at the end, load up my ankle weights to the max (20lbs) and just go for broke, if i can get in 5 ill b happy
    There is no need to rush, as long as you are improving on your last IST then you should be fine. Other than that, also follow the pullup program that is on this thread because I believe it can work for you.


  7. #97
    gotta rush a little, my times winding down and gotta move with intensity ya know, but i hear what ur saying, my IST hasnt improved though, i've been in a rut these last 2 weeks, gotta break out of it, its driving me crazy


  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by holey336 View Post
    gotta rush a little, my times winding down and gotta move with intensity ya know, but i hear what ur saying, my IST hasnt improved though, i've been in a rut these last 2 weeks, gotta break out of it, its driving me crazy
    Well, you ship out before me so I will be looking up to you 2nd phasers while my ass is fresh off receiving.


  9. #99
    I'm doing 5ish with 20lbs weight vest.... 14 with nothing...
    Shipping out in 2 weeks 4 days....
    was really hoping to get my 20 before I ship..

    HOPEFULLY I'll have 20 by the end of boot camp


  10. #100
    nice, i did some with 20 lbs today after my regular pull up/ chin up routine, i got in 2 sets of 5 chin ups and one set of 3 pull ups, felt great, i still have 5 or 6 weeks left so hopefully i can make some gains b4 i leave


  11. #101
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    127
    Credits
    127
    Savings
    0
    where did you guys get weighted vests at? all the ones ive seen are expensive as hell


  12. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    where did you guys get weighted vests at? all the ones ive seen are expensive as hell
    the one i was looking at on ebay was 80$(after shipping and everything) for 60 lbs, thats the cheapest ive seen, n it was top of the line too. but i used ankle/wrist weights, got em on amazon, 20$ for 20 lbs (2 10 lbs adjustable bands)


  13. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnett20110425 View Post
    I'm doing 5ish with 20lbs weight vest.... 14 with nothing...
    Shipping out in 2 weeks 4 days....
    was really hoping to get my 20 before I ship..

    HOPEFULLY I'll have 20 by the end of boot camp
    Your number of pullups will go down, not up.


  14. #104
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Spartanburg
    Posts
    127
    Credits
    127
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by holey336 View Post
    the one i was looking at on ebay was 80$(after shipping and everything) for 60 lbs, thats the cheapest ive seen, n it was top of the line too. but i used ankle/wrist weights, got em on amazon, 20$ for 20 lbs (2 10 lbs adjustable bands)
    yea, I want something like 40lbs and as of now im broke so I guess ill stick with emtying out my bookbag and putting dumbells in it


  15. #105
    I'm currently able to do 16 or so chinups on my first set, dropping down to around 10 by my third set. I have just under 17 weeks before I leave for boot camp and I'd love to be at 20. I've plateau'd somewhat and I'm looking to improve. Can anyone recommend a routine to help me get those last four?


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts