The Recon Ron Pullup Program - GUARANTEED to have you doing 20 pullups - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    fs19 and LittleMissStretch, Keep up the good work. it will pay off and as I have mentioned before, I have seen this work for so many but you have to stick with it and be dedicated. If you want it then go for it. I woulld suggest for the females to hang on the bar as if you were in a flexed arm hang and then very slowly lower your arms to full extension, have someone push you back up and do it again and again and again....Reverse pull-ups for the women.........Semper Fi all!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just read drillinstructor's pull-up program and finished my 150. I realized how weak I am on the endurance, because after my first 20 it went down to 8... It took forever to finish. Advancing from 0 to 20 pull-ups I've never done pull-up workouts like this one before. I'll just say my stomach aches from all the crunches I did in the middle. haha. I have a month and 10 days until I ship so it is perfect timing to do this for one month and rest until the shipdate.

Thanks for sharing this with us MSgt.!

I just tried the DI's pull up program. It is indeed hardcore. After doing 100 pull ups, my biceps and forearms went numb. Nontheless, I have a strong feelig that this program will get me 20 pull ups no problem. Thanks to your pull up program.

Quote Originally Posted by danieljogbn
    I just tried the DI's pull up program. It is indeed hardcore. After doing 100 pull ups, my biceps and forearms went numb. Nontheless, I have a strong feelig that this program will get me 20 pull ups no problem. Thanks to your pull up program.
    Thats good i do 24 still got a month before i ship im hoping to do 30 for the Drill Intructors on the IST

Very impressive Nez and if you can run good and do crucnches, you may just start out as guide.........That first impression can be a good one for you

Im hoping to be honor grad. I already have PFC but its just the Honor that i want.

If you are a "contract" PFC and you are the company Honor Grad, you will being wearing LCpl on graduation day.

Quote Originally Posted by drillinstructor
    If you are a "contract" PFC and you are the company Honor Grad, you will being wearing LCpl on graduation day.
    Old timers out there....Do not kill me because it took you 5 years to pick up LCpl. It is 2008 now and I am just giving these youngens information for 2008

LCpl

I would take it but i got cursed out by a PFC honor grad. He said i needed to earn it. I think he was mad cause he didnt get it out of boot lol. . But ya know i understand where they are coming from tho

I highly recommend the Stew Smith Recon Workout. I started off doing 10 pullups and was able to do max out at 32 in 3 months of hardcore training. Got my 3 mile time down by 4 minutes, dramatically improved pushups, increased situps from 75 to 115 and really improved my swimming technique and endurance. It's a 12 week program but you have to be extremely dedicated and workout anywhere from 2-6 hours a day depending on if you have to hump or not. Now I'm basically just trying to maintain my fitness level until I go to boot because I'm sort of at a plateau right now and havent improved much over the past couple months...but I'm ok with that

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissStretch
    The Recon Ron program was just not doing anything for me. I've actually been using drillinstructors's pullup program and its worked great for me. In about two weeks I went from 2 pullups to 6. I'm doing more pullups than some of the guys at my RSS. I dont leave for Boot Camp untill July 7th. So if I can do 6 pullups now imagine when I leave for Boot? I know I'm a female and I dont have to do pullups but, it's just great to outdo the guys. So thanks MSgt.
    This is mother freaking outstanding! Keep it up

Pull ups

Nice its good when we got females out doing males lol.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey, well someone has to keep the boys in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Domforce24
    I highly recommend the Stew Smith Recon Workout.
    I tried a Google search--but do you have a link?

stewsmith.com

Thread Information