The Recon Ron Pullup Program - GUARANTEED to have you doing 20 pullups - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I just read this thread and I think that I'll be starting the Drill Istructors program tomorrow. Also now I'm working out with my recruiter 5 days a week, so I should be able to max out on everything by my ship date. Thanks for bumping this thread, if you wouldn't have I wouldn't have found this pull up program.

For 5 weeks I was stuck at 8 pull-ups. I didn't understand it, I work out for at least an hour 6 days a week, and I switch up my routine. I saw that I had built tone and mass, but was not able to advance my pull-ups numbers. I have no clue what to do. Finally, I decided to take up the advice of my first recruiter and this thread and tried the Recon Ron program. I am finally advancing again, and did 9 today after plateauing for far too long. I cannot wait for next week when I get to try for 10!!! I figured that I would bump this thread up so anyone else who was having problems could take a look and give it a try.

Last edited by EastofWest18; 05-31-10 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by EastofWest18 View Post
    For 5 weeks I was stuck at 8 pull-ups. I didn't understand it, I work out for at least an hour 6 days a week, and I switch up my routine. I saw that I had built tone and mass, but was not able to advance my pull-ups numbers. I have no clue what to do. Finally, I decided to take up the advice of my first recruiter and this thread and tried the Recon Ron program. I am finally advancing again, and did 9 today after plateauing for far too long. I cannot wait for next week when I get to try for 10!!! I figured that I would bump this thread up so anyone else who was having problems could take a look and give it a try.
    Sounds like an infomercial.

But the best advice for pull ups is to get into a rhythm and don't think about it, just do it. Maybe get a song stuck into your head and go to the beat of it.

I tend to do the "1,2,3,4,I,Love,Marine,Corps".

I started the armstrong pull up plan once i Deped around 4 months ago. I was maxing at 4 then now im up to 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
    Sounds like an infomercial.
    Hahaha, its free. When I get passionate about something I tend to get really enthusiastic.

If it helped me so much, why wouldn't I share it with other future Marines?

Quote Originally Posted by EastofWest18 View Post
    Hahaha, its free. When I get passionate about something I tend to get really enthusiastic.

If it helped me so much, why wouldn't I share it with other future Marines?
    Yeah, very true... but reading some of these posts... it sounds like someone is making fake accounts and then replying to this thread in order to make it sound too good to be true

Sorry for bumping guys, but I have a question about the Recon Ron program.
    So it says you have to do 5 sets... after the first set I'm a bit exhausted and tend to take a little longer break. I want to do 20 pull ups. It is my #1 goal, so I want to do this stuff right.
    How long should you take a break between sets?

I also tried drillinstructor's program but one of my friends is at 32 pull ups right now and he said it only took him a couple of months to get there using the Recon Ron program, so I'll try that for now.

I have a little more than 3 months before I ship, a few weeks ago I was able to do 15 pull ups, but for some reason I can't do em anymore at this moment, so I want to put some more effort into this again. I started Recon Ron yesterday, doing 2 weeks of pull ups each day (basically I'm skipping to the point where I'm actually at with my pull up max).

i prefer the armstrong program myself

Think throwing in 15 push ups between each set would be beneficial?

To improve your pushups yes. Won't do anything for your pull ups except make you tired for the next set and you'll do less.

To those of you doing the Recon Ron program, something I have done and is working for more pulls is to do it twice, one overhand, one underhand, works more muscles and when your maxing out and get tired you can switch grips and maybe get one or two more pullups out.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Get a perfect pullup bar.. its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    Get a perfect pullup bar.. its awsome
    very true, then you can do it with various grips, i do it 3 times with over hand, underhand, and then with those prong looking things

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    yup, the prong things are crucial

the prong things are for nuetral grip pull ups and they do help a lot especially when first getting up to about 10-12 but after that they're kind of like riding a bike with training wheels when u can already ride without them, dont get stuck on nuetral for too long, also push ups do help strength some of the core muscles u use for pull ups, they're just not hit ass hard, but it will help. also theres a program called 7 weeks to 50 push ups, its way longer than 7 weeks but got me from 3 pullups to 15-16 in 3 months or so, although im platueing now and cant get out of it so i might try this routine, any ideas on where i should start? dont wanna go to the beggining i only have 6 weeks or so left

Thread Information