The Recon Ron Pullup Program - GUARANTEED to have you doing 20 pullups - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Stew Smith has long been "the guy" for people that are wanting to be Seals. He has some great books out there- my favorite is Maximum Fitness. Any of his ebooks will help you except maybe the beginner program if you are already in pretty decent shape.

Here is the page for the 12 week program.

He also has a free workout for every week. That can be found here. If you want to go this route, it would be wise to back up and do the first week first and just progress through his plan. He is currently on week 17 and there is no need to try to get there before you go through weeks 1-16 even though it isn't necessarily a progression type thing.

I sincerely admire all the DEPpers who've made so much progress--keep up the good work. Those programs take a lot of commitment, and I envy those of you who have the time to dedicate "2-6 hours" haha. I wake up at about 4 to workout for about 45min-1hr and then work fulltime and I get in some running 4 days a week but for the most part I'm too dang tired after work (metal fabrication laborer) to bust out 2 hours, so I do what I can. Keep up the good work everyone.

I know what you mean Andre, I work fulltime as well and I am usually very tired after work. But if you want it bad enough you can find the time and energy that you need to reach the fitness goals you want to set for yourself. I have basically sacrificed my entire social life so that I can work full time and then PT afterwards haha but it will be worth it in the end.

Got a question, when do you test for your official PFT scores? I'm asking because at the moment I'm at somewhat of plateau for pullups, 14 max. I'm hoping to have negotiated a contract by the end of the month, and to ship not too long after. Am I gonna have time to increase my pullups in Boot before I'm tested or should give myself more time to train? I've been practicing the PFT for a while now and the pullups are the only thing I'm concerned about. I definitely want to be as dialed-in as possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

14 pull-ups is good. You can gain 6 pull-ups during boot camp easily.

Eat a lot of peanut butter and do pyramaids after lights out and your good.

Definately worth it--you make time for things you know you want and you know will be worth while in the end. . .

I've seen several posts on here about hitting plateus. That's really your body getting used to what you've been doing to it--so try to switch up your routine. If you are doing drillinstructor's pull up program (going to failure, high volume, ever other day) try the Recon Ron one (still high volume, not to failure, every day), and vice-versa to switch things up. Or try working out once in the morning once in evening. You just need to change the stimulus your body is receiving.

Or get the new "Perfect Pull-up".

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    Or get the new "Perfect Pull-up".
    I hear this thing sucks? I had the perfect push-up and it wasn't doing any good so I re-gifted it and now my friend has it, and says he gains more push-ups by doing his own routine. It goes something like 100 push ups within 5 minutes without ever leaving the ground. so when you get tired you just have to hold the push-up form. He does it everyday except Sunday, if you want to give it a shot. I never found the motivation for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by futuremarine129
    I hear this thing sucks? I had the perfect push-up and it wasn't doing any good so I re-gifted it and now my friend has it, and says he gains more push-ups by doing his own routine. It goes something like 100 push ups within 5 minutes without ever leaving the ground. so when you get tired you just have to hold the push-up form. He does it everyday except Sunday, if you want to give it a shot. I never found the motivation for it though.
    I've heard the Perfect Pushup is better because your hands flat can do some damage but I've never heard of anyone hurting themselves using the flat hand position.

You'd have to have no job, or be off on summer break or something to do this, but do a Yahoo search (Google gave me different results) for "drop and give me 100 routine" and it's the first link. It was developed by a Russian whose name I can't remember but you'd be able to find it-but I remember reading he's helped train special forces and whatnot. But his program is supposed to get you up to 100 pushups in one set. I've never tried--it's literally like an all-day thing.

I am definately going to begin the Recon Ron program today!! I'm going to start around 6 and then reward myself by watching my Celtics beat on the Lakers!

Flat handed pushup??

HANDS FLAT DOING DAMAGE!!! Ha yeah well tell that to the guys who do many and i mean hundreds.

this recon ron program works pretty well. i started in october doing 9, i can do 18 now...

Quote Originally Posted by futuremarine129 View Post
    The perfect push up is alright, but it only works if you use it in conjunction with an exercise program.
    It does well for targeting the fore arms. Strong fore arms are essential for pistol shooting.

The perfect pull up looks like a good idea. I'm not sure I want to drop $100 on it though.

Been using 2 empty quart size metal paint cans to execute the so called perfect push-up for around 6 years now and i can't seem to wear them out. Simply Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiverStyx View Post
    What are your thoughs on this working for other exercises, such as the bench press. For example, if you can bench 225 six times, could you use this program and work yourself up to say 12 reps?
    Not many people agree with me but you do that low rep high weight ****, ya it makes you look big but endurance wise its ****. Every time i lift weights in anyway its 20 18 and 15 reps. The low rep **** is looks high reps is man strength

Thread Information