The Recon Ron Pullup Program - GUARANTEED to have you doing 20 pullups - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by holey336 View Post
    the prong things are for nuetral grip pull ups and they do help a lot especially when first getting up to about 10-12 but after that they're kind of like riding a bike with training wheels when u can already ride without them, dont get stuck on nuetral for too long, also push ups do help strength some of the core muscles u use for pull ups, they're just not hit ass hard, but it will help. also theres a program called 7 weeks to 50 push ups, its way longer than 7 weeks but got me from 3 pullups to 15-16 in 3 months or so, although im platueing now and cant get out of it so i might try this routine, any ideas on where i should start? dont wanna go to the beggining i only have 6 weeks or so left
    skip to week 11 and put weights around your feet

Quote Originally Posted by robbyj View Post
    skip to week 11 and put weights around your feet
    i was thinking about going to week 14 but no weights, i think i like ur idea more. how much weight should i be using??, it feels like 4 pounds per ankle makes a HUGE diff. like 10 times harder.

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    At my school, I do some pullups with a weight belt, first starting with 25lbs. Do as many As I can, then drop the weight to a 10lb on the belt, do as many as I can, then take off the belt, and do as many as I can.

Weighted pullup are awesome to improve on getting more pullups. But I recommend people doing this if and only if they have over 10 pullups.

damn, i do maybe 10 or so pull ups with 8 pounds , how many u do with 25 lbs?

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    damn, i do maybe 10 or so pull ups with 8 pounds , how many u do with 25 lbs?
    I am pretty sure I nailed 9 with it, but it was tough. Do not worry, as long as you are feeling it with what you are doing then you should improve. ANND, other back exercises help you do more pullups. Back extensions, dumbbell rows, lat rolls. Grip exercises help with gripping the bar. Stuff like that.

I managed to get from 16 to where I'm at from doing other exercises that help strengthen the muscles you use to do pullups.

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeGewarges View Post
    I am pretty sure I nailed 9 with it, but it was tough. Do not worry, as long as you are feeling it with what you are doing then you should improve. ANND, other back exercises help you do more pullups. Back extensions, dumbbell rows, lat rolls. Grip exercises help with gripping the bar. Stuff like that.

I managed to get from 16 to where I'm at from doing other exercises that help strengthen the muscles you use to do pullups.
    damn i gotta step my game up n do it quick, lol. i think after my next pull up work out (tomorrow) im going to take a 10 min breather at the end, load up my ankle weights to the max (20lbs) and just go for broke, if i can get in 5 ill b happy

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    damn i gotta step my game up n do it quick, lol. i think after my next pull up work out (tomorrow) im going to take a 10 min breather at the end, load up my ankle weights to the max (20lbs) and just go for broke, if i can get in 5 ill b happy
    There is no need to rush, as long as you are improving on your last IST then you should be fine. Other than that, also follow the pullup program that is on this thread because I believe it can work for you.

gotta rush a little, my times winding down and gotta move with intensity ya know, but i hear what ur saying, my IST hasnt improved though, i've been in a rut these last 2 weeks, gotta break out of it, its driving me crazy

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    gotta rush a little, my times winding down and gotta move with intensity ya know, but i hear what ur saying, my IST hasnt improved though, i've been in a rut these last 2 weeks, gotta break out of it, its driving me crazy
    Well, you ship out before me so I will be looking up to you 2nd phasers while my ass is fresh off receiving.

I'm doing 5ish with 20lbs weight vest.... 14 with nothing...
    Shipping out in 2 weeks 4 days....
    was really hoping to get my 20 before I ship..

HOPEFULLY I'll have 20 by the end of boot camp

nice, i did some with 20 lbs today after my regular pull up/ chin up routine, i got in 2 sets of 5 chin ups and one set of 3 pull ups, felt great, i still have 5 or 6 weeks left so hopefully i can make some gains b4 i leave

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    where did you guys get weighted vests at? all the ones ive seen are expensive as hell

Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    where did you guys get weighted vests at? all the ones ive seen are expensive as hell
    the one i was looking at on ebay was 80$(after shipping and everything) for 60 lbs, thats the cheapest ive seen, n it was top of the line too. but i used ankle/wrist weights, got em on amazon, 20$ for 20 lbs (2 10 lbs adjustable bands)

Quote Originally Posted by Barnett20110425 View Post
    I'm doing 5ish with 20lbs weight vest.... 14 with nothing...
    Shipping out in 2 weeks 4 days....
    was really hoping to get my 20 before I ship..

HOPEFULLY I'll have 20 by the end of boot camp
    Your number of pullups will go down, not up.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    the one i was looking at on ebay was 80$(after shipping and everything) for 60 lbs, thats the cheapest ive seen, n it was top of the line too. but i used ankle/wrist weights, got em on amazon, 20$ for 20 lbs (2 10 lbs adjustable bands)
    yea, I want something like 40lbs and as of now im broke so I guess ill stick with emtying out my bookbag and putting dumbells in it

Thread Information