Tough uniform question - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Most Marines didnt get the question....I wouldnt bust his chops just cuz you didnt either. It was a good question.....

Question

Yeah its a good question. Kinda like the one that asks; if a tree falls in the middle of the woods and there's noone around to hear it......does it still make a sound. Chicken and the egg, etc. That's a question that Hillary would ask. I can't understand how people can demean the Marine Corps with crap like this. By the way, you've got duty this weekend!

I'm gonna repost the answer since it seems like some marines didn't see it posted before.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonLanding
    Good effort marines, but still not close, I think I'll go ahead at let you guys in on the answer...

Keep in mind...

it's SEWN on the SERVICE uniform, so it must be ENLISTED, right?

it's never been issued, but exists...which leads you to beleive it's never been issued only because no one has ever rated the rank.

Then you start to think of all ranks from E-2 through E-9, every one has been issued and worn, right?

Wrong,...for each Rank insignia there is a female counterpart, which is only 75% (formally 50%) the size of its male counterpart.

Since there has never been a FEMALE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE MARINE CORPS, no one has ever rated it or sewn that rank insignia on, yet it does theoretically exist, and if Hillary's ever elected...we'll probably have one!

Quote Originally Posted by usmcdanno
    LCpl,
    You mentioned that "boots" answered your question if five minutes. I really hope thats not the kind of crap they're teaching in my beloved Corps these days. Sorry, but that sounds like some kind of garbage that a WM would ask. If I was sitting on a meritorious promotion board and another member asked that question I would reach over and jap slap them.

No Gunny, this isn't something taught in boot camp; at least not when I went through. However, it is taught that Female rank is 75% (formally 50%) the size of Male rank, and that coupled with the fact there is only 1 SGM of the USMC (which is another fact fresh in the mind of new marines) boots can usually put 2 and 2 together pretty fast.

And sad to say Gunny I first heard this question because it WAS used on a meritorious board, wether it was a WM that asked it or not I have no idea.

Aye Aye Gunnery Sgt! lol

Lance Corporal,

I didn't mean to come down on you personally. I'm sure you're a fine Marine. I've presided over many meritorious promotion boards and I screened questions like this and did not allow. I had one WM that asked the question: What is a focsle and how do you pronounce it. Questions like this are silly and have nothing to do with the proficiency of Marines. Charge hard young man, good luck and please find a SNCO that you really trust and choose to immulate. Not always your choice, but they do exist. A Good SNCO will have an everlasting impact on your career and life in general.

Semper Fi, do or die!

Dan

Credits
    Savings
    I like it! Good question.

Not, good questions are such as these:

What's Chesty Puller's date of birth?

How many medals of honor were awarded between Chesty and Dan Dailey?

What was Chesty's full name?

What is the epitome of a Marine? Answer: Chesty Puller and Dan Dailey!

What is found in the truck of the National Ensign flown on a Marine Corps installation?

What was the bloodiest battle of this nation?

Bonus Prize question: If you were accused of being a Marine, would there be enough evidence to convict you!

Credits
    Savings
    Off the top of my head, I would say:
    June 26 (or 28), 1898
    1, Chesty never received a MOH, but did earn 5 Navy Crosses
    Lewis B Puller, what the B stands for, I know but can't think of it right now
    already been answered
    ? found in the truck? not sure the question, but I would say a standard flag
    Civil War
    ? being a Marine or beating a Marine? Yes, documentation and interview with the DI's that trained you; confirmation

Chesty was born on the 26th of June 1898.

Dan Dailey won two (get it) two medals of honor.

If you have questions about the national ensign and the "truck", what it contains, and what is at the base of the national ensign flown at all Marine Corps installations, you would be well advised to consult any SNCO or your SgtMaj.

By the way, I've spoken to your SgtMaj this evening and you are to report to him at 0600 this am. Your insubordination and lack of general legitimate Marine Corps knowledge is unsat.

Alway remember young lady you never know who you're conversing with on the internet. You need to lock your body and properly address me and respect who I am. You're gonna have a real bad day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcdanno
    Lance Corporal,

I didn't mean to come down on you personally. I'm sure you're a fine Marine. I've presided over many meritorious promotion boards and I screened questions like this and did not allow. I had one WM that asked the question: What is a focsle and how do you pronounce it. Questions like this are silly and have nothing to do with the proficiency of Marines. Charge hard young man, good luck and please find a SNCO that you really trust and choose to immulate. Not always your choice, but they do exist. A Good SNCO will have an everlasting impact on your career and life in general.

Semper Fi, do or die!

Dan
    Oorah Gunny, Will Do. Thanks for the Advice.

Credits
    Savings
    GOOD EVENING GUNNERY SERGEANT!!!

(modified parade rest) I have no excuse Gunnery Sergeant, I should have been more aware of the history of the Marine Corps and the Marines themselves. I apologize for not being the top dog on these questions, my lack of information is inexcuseable. I shall refresh myself of the questions you lay before me and be prepared for future inquiry into my intellectual knowledge of the history of our Corps. Till it be next time, I will dismiss myself of your presence.

"Dismissed Aye Gunnery Sergeant!" (left foot back, then right foot, proper arm swing; attention), "Good Evening to you Gunnery Sergeant!" (right foot behind left, about face, run)

wow that's a little too moto for me there hard charger

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LEWIS B PULLER~THE TRUCK~(MATCHES,45ACP.BULLET,RAZOR BLADE) as FOR THE 5 NAVY CROSSE'S ~HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE 2 TRADE A COUPLE OF THOSE BAD PUPPIES IN~4 A(MOH)!!!

Thread Information