Tough uniform question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    EAGLE,GLOBE&ANCHOR ~SEWN ON NEW ERA,UTE'S?

Master Sgt

Good effort marines, but still not close, I think I'll go ahead at let you guys in on the answer...

Keep in mind...

it's SEWN on the SERVICE uniform, so it must be ENLISTED, right?

it's never been issued, but exists...which leads you to beleive it's never been issued only because no one has ever rated the rank.

Then you start to think of all ranks from E-2 through E-9, every one has been issued and worn, right?

Wrong,...for each Rank insignia there is a female counterpart, which is only 75% (formally 50%) the size of its male counterpart.

Since there has never been a FEMALE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE MARINE CORPS, no one has ever rated it or sewn that rank insignia on, yet it does theoretically exist, and if Hillary's ever elected...we'll probably have one!

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonLanding
    Good effort marines, but still not close, I think I'll go ahead at let you guys in on the answer...

Keep in mind...

it's SEWN on the SERVICE uniform, so it must be ENLISTED, right?

it's never been issued, but exists...which leads you to beleive it's never been issued only because no one has ever rated the rank.

Then you start to think of all ranks from E-2 through E-9, every one has been issued and worn, right?

Wrong,...for each Rank insignia there is a female counterpart, which is only 75% (formally 50%) the size of its male counterpart.

Since there has never been a FEMALE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE MARINE CORPS, no one has ever rated it or sewn that rank insignia on, yet it does theoretically exist, and if Hillary's ever elected...we'll probably have one!
    Well, you had me for sure. Good job, Marine.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    "Since there has never been a FEMALE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE MARINE CORPS, no one has ever rated it or sewn that rank insignia on, yet it does theoretically exist, and if Hillary's ever elected...we'll probably have one!"

What could be worse? Maybe the Mayor of New Orleans wearing a General's paraphernalia.

Good post, AvalonLanding.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Good one!

Thanks Avalon , good question. My brain hurts.

Ya got this ol Marine on that one!!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi

I think that might be Navy "mess whites" What screwed me up on my 1st.. Sgt. answer I kept envisioning the Army version of three and three with nothing in the middle. Shame on me.
    I'll take one last crack at it. I'll go for W-5. Let's have an answer by this evening if you please

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You got me too brother, but it got me to dig through the Guide Book For Marines and everything I could find on the internet. Oh well glad I wasent the only SNCO.

Nice Shot Avalon!

Thumbs up AvalonLanding

Thanks for frying the last of my good brain cells. Keep it up I'm trying to stay ahead of...... damn I forgot what I was going to say.

Good brain-teaser. The insignia would be the same as for the female counterpart....just much smaller.
    'night all!

hope we dont need Hillary to get FEMALE SERGEANT MAJOR, Im sure our Marines are good enough without her help.

If Staff NCOs don't know the answer to this question (myself included) I would challenge the validity of such a question. If there's anything to it, I would think it's a probably a fable. Anyway, Marine Gunners wear their Warrant Officer bar on the starboard collar and a bursting bomb on the port. Infantry rating which was brought back in the Marine Corps somewhere around late 80s early 90s. Again, only for 03XX MOS.

Also, the W5 rank was established somewhere in late 80s early 90s. They have a very distinct insignia. It looks like a 1stLt bar with a red stripe down the middle. I sincerely doubt that a WM SgtMaj of the Marine Corps chevron was ever manufactured as we all know that that ain't never gonna happen!

Thread Information