History question.... - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    What other branch's motto is close to the MARINE CORPS's Semper Fidelis, and what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by rproctor922
    Nice try but no
    A M1 Garand is not a crew served weapon
    I am looking for the one CREW SERVED weapon that is still used in combat.

M240 Golf, MK19, and .50 cal are all Crew served weapons. Although the heavy guns are primarily used on Vehicles. Dont forget the tube strokers , and the bazooka guys

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    M240 Golf, MK19, and .50 cal are all Crew served weapons. Although the heavy guns are primarily used on Vehicles. Dont forget the tube strokers , and the bazooka guys
    yes those are all crew served weapons, but I asked in the orignal question what was the only one still in service from the 1940's.

The correct answer as mentioned a few posts ago by LCpl Batki is the .50 cal, M-2.

Parker-0321 A crew served weapon is a wepon that requires more than one person for it to operate, so a bayonet is not a crew served weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Future-USMC-LT
    The "Ma Duece" M2 .50 Machine Gun.

As for my question on how many cooling rings are on a M224 60mm Mortar tube, it's one. The first time we took the mortars out, my gun team leader said to "go count the cooling rings on the mortar tube". They started laughing as soon as I started counting. It's one contiunous ring.
    LCpl Batki

You must be Psychic. My next question was going to be...
    What is the nickname for the M-2?

next question

What does it mean to cook off a hand grenade?

Word

Definition of Enfilade fire:

Quote Originally Posted by rproctor922
    Parker-0321 A crew served weapon is a wepon that requires more than one person for it to operate, so a bayonet is not a crew served weapon
    lol. Yes Sir, the poolee didnt know sir!

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    Definition of Enfilade fire:
    Fire directed from the flank or side of a body of troops, or along the length of a ditch, parapet or wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker-0321
    lol. Yes Sir, the poolee didnt know sir!
    That's ok

That is the point of the questions to help poolees and wannabes.

A lot of my knowledge may be Army but most of it transfers across.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker-0321
    What other branch's motto is close to the MARINE CORPS's Semper Fidelis, and what does it mean?
    United States Coast Guard - Semper Paratus "Always Prepared"

Cooking off a Hand grenade is when you remove the pin, then replace it after letting the fuse shorten to decrease the time between throwing and detonation.

Enfilade fire: When the long axis of the beaten zone coincides or nearly coincides with the long axis of the target.

What does it mean to cook off a hand grenade?

Quote Originally Posted by BGMFH
    United States Coast Guard - Semper Paratus "Always Prepared"

Cooking off a Hand grenade is when you remove the pin, then replace it after letting the fuse shorten to decrease the time between throwing and detonation.

Not quite, try again

Semper Paratus means either Always Prepared or Always Ready, theres usually a debate over which one it is, my dad who was a coastie, says it's Always Prepared.

I always thought that it was always ready

Thread Information