History question.... - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rproctor922
    Not quite, try again
    Cooking off is when you hold the grenade and let the fuse burn down on the grenade for 1 or 2 seconds before throwing, allowing you achieve an airburst or prevent the grenade from being thrown back at you.

Ive always know it as milking the grenade ..it means the same thing : waiting a second or so before throwing the frag. in conjuction with bouncing it around the room to prevent a dirty raghead to pick it up and chuck it back. But a cook off in machine gunnery is when the barrel gets so hot from overfiring that the round actually goes off inside the chamber. Obviously causing damage to the weapon and possibly the gunner. You also have to watch for a cookoff whenever you have a misfire. Especially after extended periods of firing.

Correct
    Next

While we're waiting, one of you poolies go get me the keys to the Humvee and two buckets of prop wash. And don't forget to wax the Humvee next time you wash it.

If you are sending them on a supply run I need a few items:

2 BX Grid Squares
    1 PK Chemlite Batteries
    1 ST Keys to the training area
    1 EA ID-ten-T
    2 BL Blinker Fluid

Also go to the Motor pool and Ask the mechanics to change the air in the tires of the Humvee from Winter Air to Summer Air.

Report back to
    LCPL Batki when you have completed these tasks

Also don't forget the frequency grease for the radios - 50 ft of flight line would be great too for making a field expedient antenna.

I remember, during a comm class, after a land nav class, a Recruit being asked to run up to the top of this hill and ask the SGt for a contour line. I remember feeling very sorry for him as he ran up that hill.

lol. you want fries with that?

How many steps per minute is Doubletime Cadence

I think it's 180.

ok just to save some of these poolies some heartache

1.) propwash is the turbulent air behind jets and propellers as they travel through the air
    2.)bring them grid squares? cmon
    3.)chemlites dont need batteries. when the chemicals mix photon release is part of the chemical reaction
    4.)i dont know what ST keys are but i dont imagine you need them
    5.)my favorite ID-ten-T? lets rewrite this ID10T. that look like idiot to you too?
    6.)blinkers dont need fluid but the batteries that provide the electricity that run them do

That would be one set of keys to the training area

Dont forget to pick up the TR double E while you are a the comm shack.
    You can also stop by the guard shack and pick up the key to the Battalion Clock.
    You might as well go by the Rifle Range and get 50 Yards of Firing Line.

Go and ask any staff sgt. if he knows how to programm a PRC-e6

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Can someone grab me some pnuematic fluid while you are out there. Gonna need a couple containers full

Ok to get us back on track here is another question for Poolees only

What does the Eagle Globe and Anchor each stand for?

Thread Information