Info about Recon
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Info about Recon

Right now I am in the DEP program and going to leave soon. My Recruiter just told me the other day that he could get me into a Recon school if my swimming scores were high enough in Boot Camp. As of January this year they just started offering Recon jobs to Recruits before they even get to Boot Camp which is a change from what I have been told. Well what I was wondering is if anyone on here knew anything about Recon and could give me some advice or tell me something about the job. Thanks.
    Martinsen

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Reconnaissance~fmf......................

WE TALKING BN. RECON~OR FORCE RECON?

There is a ton of information on the site, do a search. But, Force is what all the other high speed military units wish they were (well, other than Det.1) Bn. Recon is still pretty high speed stuff, either way I am sure you would love it, supposing you like going to the field, PTing more than any human ever should, and being gone from home for extended periods, somethings doing things you can't talk about.

Your recruiter can only get you the chance to go to school. You would first have to pass the screening process, which most don't pass. We have had a 70% failure rate in the last 6 that were done. So don't get your hopes up. Make sure you really want to be infantry first, that way if you don't make it, then you are not upset about your decision to join the Marines.

Right. You have to have PT scores that are a 280 coming out of boot camp. My PT scores are almost up there. Also you have to have to pass Swim Qual 2. I know its definately going to be the toughest thing that i have ever done but i know that if someone wants something bad enough and works hard enough they can earn that title they want. Maybe not right away but thats why somethings take time. Thank you though for the help Sir.

Please tell me that you don't see 280 as your goal. If you aren't at least attempting to get to 300 I don't think you belong in the Corps, much less Recon.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Please tell me that you don't see 280 as your goal. If you aren't at least attempting to get to 300 I don't think you belong in the Corps, much less Recon.
    No Sir. Im at a 280 right now. I still have a month till Boot Camp so I am trying much past that.

Good to go 111martinsen. If you will let everyone here know where you are dropping the 20 points I am sure there will be plenty of help in getting you over the top. Even though it is the goal of most (sadly, not all) Marines to score a 300 on the PFT, most will never make it. If you have a shot at it, you should do everything in your power to get there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Go Marine Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW'S YOUR SQUEEZING THE TRIGGER~SKILL'S~YOUNG BUCK?

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    HOW'S YOUR SQUEEZING THE TRIGGER~SKILL'S~YOUNG BUCK?
    pretty good. playing the game Halo on Xbox does help out a little bit. haha

Credits
    Savings
    Images

X-box-boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

IF YOU'VE ACHIEVED THE ELITE LEVEL,YOU MAY QUALIFY~AS A REMINGTON RAIDER! EITHER WAY~KEEP YOUR HEAD AND BUTT WIRED TOGETHER,AND GOD SPEED! (LONG LIVE FORCE) TAKE CARE YOUNG BUCK. 10/4

What exactly is a Remington Raider?? I looked it up on the internet but it just keeps pulling stuff up about typewriters. I am a little confused.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Remington~raider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

WELL,SON IF I TOLD YOU~I'D HAVE TO KILL YA!(HA-HA) YOU'R LUKE WARM THOUGH.TELL YOUR RECRUITER,IT'S SECRET SQUIRREL STUFF~THEY EAT SEAL'S FOR BREAKFAST!!! AND YOU GET TO DRINK ALOT OF BEER AFTER YOUR COVERT MISSION! (LONG LIVE FORCE) GODSPEED~SON IO/4

HaHa. Yeah. I will have to see what he says about that. What was your MOS sir? I like the thought of being able to celebrate after a good day/week/month or more of work. Well I suppose its never bad to celebrate. Haha. Do you happen to know where most Recon Units usually get stationed?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Don't Call Me Sir~i Was An Nco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARMY BRAT,BY BIRTH. MARINE BY CHOICE! SURVIVOR BY THE GRACE OF GOD, AND THE HEROIC'S OF A FEW VERY BRAVE,MARINE'S!I JOINED THE CORP'S~AND GOT MY WISH. 0311~RIFLEMAN~0321~FORCE RECON GOES WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE! YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF~X-BOX,YOUR NEW DESIGNATION! GOD SPEED. 10/4

Thread Information