How elite are we? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Elkins
    I understand that you are a reservist and I respect the fact that you are a brother Marine, and that you are willing to serve when called, however, do not go into action putting all of your thoughts into someone not being able to do there job because by your standards they are out of shape, because if you do that then you are the one not doing your job.
    as for being a reservist...I don't even go around telling people I'm a Marine. If someone asks I'll tell them I'm serving on reserve duty, but I just feel like I haven't accomplished a damn thing except finish my initial training. So I'm not really going around flaunting or anything...

You Don't Have A Clue, Enough Already

This statement of yours, has really hit me the wrong way, and this will be my final reply, because, "YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, AND ENOUGH ALREADY." YOU HAVE MANAGED TO MAKE SOME OF US VERY UPSET. I THINK IT WISE OF YOU TO MOVE ON. YES YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION, PIN HEAD...BUT, YOU'VE SAID IN THIS LATEST OP, AN OPINION YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU FINALLY IS THIS....IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE PICTURE OF WHAT BEING A MARINE IS? YOU NEVER WILL, I.E. ALL THE POST/REPLIE'S TO YOUR THREAD, HAVE/SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT YOU SOMETHING. I THINK YOU'RE TO MUCH INTO ONESELF TO BE TAUGHT. THAT IS ALL...CARRY ON MAGGOT'S.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuNmAN
    thanks Corporal thats pretty much what I was trying to say. I just feel like I've seen too many of such Marines that don't care and do not put up the effort, especially to stay in shape and thus I think we should reduce our force to below 100,000 by making our initial training a lot tougher. Its just my two cents though...just stimulating some conversation here.

I agree that someone has lost sight of the whole picture and thinking of number 1
    Semperfi

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    as for being a reservist...I don't even go around telling people I'm a Marine.

I wake up late at night
    Makin' sure the world is still by my side
    I try hard not to make a sound
    Can't help my heart it just beats so loud
    So full of love for my Marine Corps that I could burst
    The way I feel about you the Marines I wanna just

Scream at the top of my lungs
    Tell the whole world how much I love it,day in day out 24/7
    Gimme some PT,good for you,good for me!
    Shout it from the highest mountain
    Let 'em know I found the job of my dreams
    It's pure electricity, my Marine Corps gets to me
    Like nobody else could
    It feels so good I could scream

How can I sleep with her right here?
    Because I'm walking my post from flank to flank.
    Moonlight falls across the ground
    I fight the urge building up again to grab my 16 to fight and win the battle for my fallen friends.
    But it's too late I feel the rush
    Runnin' through my body I wanna just

Tell the whole world how much I love the Marine Corps way of life!
    It's pure electricity , she gets me going 24/7
    Like nobody else could
    It feels so good I could scream

Tell the whole world how much I love her
    Tell the whole world how much I love her
    Olive drab,camouflage,scarlet & gold...looking good!
    It's pure electricity , she gets my blood boiling
    Like nobody else could
    It feels so good I could
    Shout it from the highest mountain!

Can't help myself I gotta
    Here it comes, I wanna scream
    I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself
    Scream....Scream....
    Makes me wanna scream baby
    Here it come baby, I'm gonna
    Scream, yeah
    You scream too if you feel the need to,Scream Marine Corps!
    Marine don't be afraid!
    Swagger down the block looking tall shouting Marine Corps,My Corps to all!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Reserve Marines

Marines are Marines Reserve or Active, Young or Old still a Marine That is what we are Marines

Registered User Free Member arnoldyG/2/5's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    If I am correct Sunman you are a reservist? How much Fleet time have you had?

You should be commended for expecting a lot from the Corps but here are a few words of wisdom for someone who expects to be an Officer of Marines. One of the best NCO's I ever worked with couldn't run worth a shi*, he ran 22min 3 mi 14 p/u 80 situps, but he could hump your as* into the dirt and when it came to training in the field he was one of the best. I went toe to toe with my platoon commander as this Marine's squad leader to get him promoted! The reason I had to get into it with my platoon commander was b/c he wanted to non-rec him for promotion b/c he wasn't a strong runner.

Registered User Free Member arnoldyG/2/5's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    cont'd

Our standards are the highest of any fighting force in the world and our record speaks for itself. You still have a lot to learn about what it means to be a Marine!!!

We are all Marines!! in 20 years AFTER your service to the US and the Corps is over with you may finally understand what it really means to have held the title "UNITED STATES MARINE" This title is taken lightly by NONE of us and as is evidenced by thes posts we are all extremely proud of that title.

Semper Fi
    Carry on!!

Thread Information