Marching & Running Cadences - Page 39
Create Post
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
    Thanks for the suggestion of Sgt. Major Vines. I have 5 mp3 albums of different cadences so far, one album of lyric based marching cadences and four that feature lyric based running cadences. By no means do I consider this exhaustive, though. Looks like Sgt. Major Vines has both albums and a few books. I'll check them out. Appreciated!

It does seem that generational differences may be present, 29Palms. I also think the fact that you all stuck with traditional close order drill calling with no lyrics is very interesting as well, OldMarine. Language usage or non-usage can both speak loudly.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Putting BB's in our Woodstock of an M-14 as we slapped that Baby real Smartly... sure as hell got their attention as our Boots pounded that grinder @ the same nano sec all 92 of Us

There you go. We used the M-16A1 rifle, no bb's in the stock. Never heard of that one. Bet that sounded neat. I remember watching "Full Metal Jacket",. some cadence in regards to HO CHI MIHN is a SOB got dry rot and the 7 year itch", which was in reference to Vietnam. We never did those words. We had something about drinking foam in Beruit but cant remember those words. So different generations, different cadences to adjust with the political times. Close order drill? I believe those were just pure commands. Port Arms, Inspection arms, Right Arms, Left Arms, Hand salute, with rifle, to the rear, march, right oblique, left oblique.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    We still had the old M-14s but I remember a lot of what 29 said. How about beefin' up that profile there, ol' 29?

Cadence Search

Hey guys,
    I am looking for a cadence that goes like, "Spread a little candy on the ground.(Spread a little candy on the ground.) Watch the little kiddies gather 'round (Watch the little kiddies gather 'round)." My dad used to know it and I am trying to find it for him. Also can you guys recommend some good ones to do when running for sports conditioning? Thanks all and have a good one

Sincerely, Janitor

Thread Information