best job for going in law enforcement after the corps
Create Post

best job for going in law enforcement after the corps

what would be the best MOS for me to go in if i plan on doing something in the Law Enforcement Feild when i get out of the corps?? I know that Going in as an MP would help with being a police officer but ive also heard that 0300 would help me out as well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Shooter Rifle&pistol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUALIFY,EXPERT!WITH RIFLE&PISTOL,GET TOP SECRET CLEARANCE.THE SKY'S THE LIMIT THEN,SON.HELL,WHILE AT QUANTICO & I WAS GETTING REAL SHORT.THE TEXAS~RANGER'S SENT ME AN APPLICATION.A REAL HONOR!AND WERE NOT TALKING BASEBALL EITHER. I JOINED,THE CORP'S TO BECOME A RIFLEMAN&WHEN I ACHIVED IT,THAT WAS A REAL HONOR~SECONDARY MOS'S CAN ALWAY'S BE ACHIVED!IT'S THAT 0311'THAT'S THE BACKBONE!!!!GOOD~LUCK&GOD SPEED

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ANY MOS you have in the Corps will be helpful getting ANY job when yu get out. Once they see U S Marine Corps on your resume, the rest will be history. Employers LOVE Marines because of the discipline - so it doesn't really matter what you do in the Corps - just do it well and have fun with it.

Note, being an MP may make it more difficult to become a police officer. I know of several officers that see this as a negative when they sit on interview boards. The training that an MP receives is not the same as a civillian police officer, meaning the department will have to retrain you, which is often more difficult than just training a "newbee"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The thing is any job you do in the Corps will benefit. The key thing you will need to do is start filling out application right before you get out or right when you get out. That will be key. Another thing that will help is if you take Criminal Justice classes while in to get a jump start on which ever Academy you will have to go through.

Just being a Marine is already great, but having a clean record, few to none disciplinary.

It really isn't going to matter what your MOS is because the dept. that hires you is going to train you the way they want you trained, so it doesn't matter what you know, they are going to teach it to you again. And besides most of what you learn is going to be on the streets anyway, so if you have good survival and people skills you are miles ahead.

Thread Information