What was the hardest part of bootcamp? - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Registered User Free Member Roberto T. Cast's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I flew from San Antonio, Texas to San Diego, Calif. We had no limos or buses. I remember very well, like it was yesterday. We boared cattle truck from the airport to MCRD in San Diego. We were herded in cattle truck at night and we did not sleep all that night. I too would sign up and go active in a New York minute.

Registered User Free Member cooper210's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

head call

After slamming a full canteen before hitting the rack and suddenly awaking to the steps of a D.I. walking past just minutes before the lights go on and coming to the terrified feeling that worse than anything you have to pee.........Lights go on and you can't think straight......you get online and play the back in forth game with a bladder just about to burst......then you get online and the D.I. says "PORT SIDE MAKE A HEAD CALL".... of course you are on the starboard side.. you don't dare move because that would just prolong the pain with a morning "pit" call. Then you hear "YOU HAVE 10, 7, 4, 2, 1" REPLIED WITH, "FREEZE RECRUIT FREEZE". Hopefully if all the guys on the port side made it back on time, you will make it to the head just as your bladder explodes!!!!!
    The Moral: Make yourself wake-up about 2 hours before lights on and go pee!!!!
    Your body will get adjusted to doing it automatically about the middle of 2 phase!!!

I remember that! That last half hour was a ***** sometimes! LOL

'Course we were all awake anyway! Just layin' there waitin'.....

Thread Information