What was the hardest part of bootcamp? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    didn't do the iron cross, and it was the M-16 fer me. A couple pounds lighter.....but still..... LOL

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I can't wait for BootCamp.And being a female it is rare to look forward to a challenge like The Marines but all you can really do to help yourself ...is to suck it up .I leave in about two weeks and I am gettin nervous. Good luck poolees

mardet65

Where the hell did the TV come from. Of course in 1955 I don't thingk they had more than a coulple TV's on the whole base.

Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all the help. I know it is going to be hard but I want more thing to be a Marine

Flood and Airraid drills were real great.DI would come in after lites out,turn on the lites,yell flood or airraid and you would have to either climb on top rack or get under bottom rack with your foot locker of course there would two you trying to share the same space. God I love that now

Art,

In 1990, we had the so called "opportunity" to watch TV. We had two choices, "The Weather Channel" (the static on the tv when there is no signal) or "In Living Color" (the color panel when a station goes off air).

Semper Fi,
    Kalbo

Tonight's episode of "In Living Color":

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	colorbars.gif‎
Views:	317
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	1674  

The weather channel, their forecasting snow:

Attached Images Attached Images

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    hardest part was trying to get used to staying organised hence comes the term unorganised grabastic pieces of sh1t! If you can't keep your bedroom clean and you clothes hung-up in your closet now your in for a rude awakening mister.

Registered User Free Member ecomsg68's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

THE HARDEST PART OF BOOT CAMP

Let me see ... I'm thinking ... don't rush me!

The whole experience, from the date I hit the yellow foots in 68 till the day I graduated and was called a MARINE! It was and still remainds the most difficult single act I've ever accomplished!

I can't start picking it apart because it would be like seperating the pain from the blisters, depression from enligthment, sorrow from excitement, lonineness from comradeship and the EGA from Semper Fi! No easy task ...

One of the hardest parts of boot camp was spending Christmas there 1955, 47 years ago. Time sure does fly.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    The sand fleas.... I forgot the sand fleas....

Oh, wait..... maybe 'bones needs an explination of sand fleas.... what with his Sunglasses and all

Remember the movie GREMLINS ??? Thousands of teeny tiny Gremlins, just waiting for you to "just fukc!ng BEGIN"

Yep... the sand fleas. But only P.I. Marines would understand

Yes I remember the sand fleas. As Senior Drill Instructor Gysgt. Ford would say after chow. You had yours now it's time for the sand fleas to have theirs

Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    D@MN I WANT TO GO TO BOOTCAMP NOW!!!!!!!

Yep. Sunglasses, sun tan lotion and mai tai's. Standard issue in San Diego!

I miss the mai tai's myself...havin the DI serve them to you twice a day....

Gettin up late....hell we didn't have to get up til reville! That was sleepin in to me! Free food! Get yer own bed! Hell, they even give a rifle! Fer free! How can ya beat that! Yep. Ain't nuthin' like boot camp is there! Easy as pie!

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    In bootcamp, I guess you learn to appreciate the little things in life that we usually take for granted.

I graduated in December, and was given boot leave before going to ITR. MY folks were living on he East Coast, and I was in San Diego. I told them I wouldn't be coming home but would probably get a hotel. (I ended up going home with a boot camp buddy.)

My mom said that she guessed the first thing I'd be looking for was a beer. I said No. My dad said the first thing I'd be looking for was a broad. I said No.

What I was REALLY looking forward to was being able to sit down on the crapper and be the only one in the room. The only farts I'd smell would be my own.

The other thing I wanted was to take a shower and know that the back I was scrubbing was MINE.

Then I wanted to spend an hour or so in a hot tub..

The beer and the broads came the second day.

Thread Information