"Parris Island Drill Instructors" - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Future-USMC-LT
    No, probably not, but it's worth a shot to see if he is.
    Dunno - **DrillInstructor** is a "SAN DIEGO" Series GySgt. He may be soft and fuzzy - cuddly even. I am thinking of a "Care Bear" the one with hearts that I gave my one year old daughter.

Call me Old School, but he is part of the "new" Marine Corps - the kinder, gentler marine corps. The "Army of One" kind of marine.

I guess that can happen today. I am "Old Corps" - that's all I know. We shall see.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium
    I watched that pretty interesting how they can just switch it on and off....

I like the DI who says that he doesnt try to place himself above the recruits, but earn their respect...I thought that was cool...He also has a website for his platoon that his wife upkeeps. Neato
    His wife set that web site up. Chicks are that way.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman777
    Dunno - **DrillInstructor** is a "SAN DIEGO" Series GySgt. He may be soft and fuzzy - cuddly even. I am thinking of a "Care Bear" the one with hearts that I gave my one year old daughter.

Call me Old School, but he is part of the "new" Marine Corps - the kinder, gentler marine corps. The "Army of One" kind of marine.

I guess that can happen today. I am "Old Corps" - that's all I know. We shall see.

Steve
    Yet another that is hiding behind a screen. Don't be jealous, you had your spin in the Corps and now it is my turn. The only reason I don't jump through this computer and rip your damn head off is because you are my brother. The recruits here are not my brothers yet. They must earn that title. Their is no soft side My family also gets IT and sometimes even waterbowl IT. Just depends how bad I am ****ed off. Hell my mother is up to 3 waterbowls now....

Credits
    Savings
    Steve
    Damn! 'Old Corps'? I always thought of the China Marines as being 'Old Corps'.

Anyway, ALL Drill Instructors have my upmost respect and admiration. It takes a certain breed to mold civilians into Marines.

And I don't wish ill against the DI's chick' (your words) about having a website. A lot of parents are VERY concerned these days about their kids. Look what looms ahead. Is the 'sand box' in their future? Probably. I'd like to have a bit of info meownself, were my kids joining the military today.

Quote Originally Posted by drillinstructor
    Yet another that is hiding behind a screen. Don't be jealous, you had your spin in the Corps and now it is my turn. The only reason I don't jump through this computer and rip your damn head off is because you are my brother. The recruits here are not my brothers yet. They must earn that title. Their is no soft side My family also gets IT and sometimes even waterbowl IT. Just depends how bad I am ****ed off. Hell my mother is up to 3 waterbowls now....
    Not bad ... but I was expecting a bit more - especially the way I opened the door for you to jump down my throat. I'd gone more like this ...

"Why you Jimmy Carter era, peanut eating worthless scumbag. If my brain were the size of a peanut, I'd be a freaking genius compared to you. Go build another habitat for sailors dirtbag!"

But then - that's me ... Mr. Old School.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    A lot of parents are VERY concerned these days about their kids. Look what looms ahead. Is the 'sand box' in their future? Probably. I'd like to have a bit of info meownself, were my kids joining the military today..
    yeah...that

This parent is really concerned about her daughter's safety in Recruit Training...having sat through the DI demonstration and forced myself to remain silent while some stranger yelled at *my* kid.... anyone other than a DI would have had Mama Bear huntin' with that flyswatter again...

I've come to discover that the USMC doesn't just train the recruits to be Marines, but in a subtle way (sometimes not so subtle), they train the parents to be Marine Parents...

It's nice to gain more knowledge of what she'll be going through...what kind of dedication the DI's that are training her have, and how salty they are in training to make sure my baby girl (yeah, I know...but no matter how tough or grown up...your moms are like that too) remains safe even in the most dangerous of situations...that she knows how to handle herself...

So...from this mom....thanks for info...and thanks for the training she's going to receive

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    my dad and grandma are pretty happy that I'm going into the Marine Corps, but my mom's side is not so sure. As in they don't want me to go at all, but my mom is proud that I'm doing something with my life. Also, when my mom saw the first few minutes of Jarhead, she was like "That's my son, that's my son".

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    Damn! 'Old Corps'? I always thought of the China Marines as being 'Old Corps'.

Anyway, ALL Drill Instructors have my upmost respect and admiration. It takes a certain breed to mold civilians into Marines.

And I don't wish ill against the DI's chick' (your words) about having a website. A lot of parents are VERY concerned these days about their kids. Look what looms ahead. Is the 'sand box' in their future? Probably. I'd like to have a bit of info meownself, were my kids joining the military today.

When I was in boot the Drill Instructors use to tell us all the time that every single one of us would be in the sandbox at one time or another.

Thread Information