what i hated most about Boot Camp was....?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what i hated most about Boot Camp was....?

to me it stands to reason that some things make Boot Camp hard for different people for different reasons. Some miss home, some hate the food, i imagine for many its the hours of PT. I figure to get the worst-case scenario about any given topic related to Boot id ask the opinions of those who felt it was the worst case scenario. So, please, fill in the rest. What i hated most about Boot Camp was....

Honestly, looking back on it now, there wasn't much that I hated about boot camp. I'm not saying that I enjoyed it, but I guess that I looked at it as a challenge that I had to get through. If I had to pick something it would be not being able to blouse your boots. That really bothered me, especially when we were in 3rd phase, f'ed something up and our DI's would make us un-blouse them and button the top buttom.

I didn't think that the food was that bad, for the most part I liked the chow hall food - however when they went "ethnic" sometimes it sucked. Fried Rabbit comes to mind, they served that one time, and that did not appeal to me at all.

PT was hard and long, but to me there's nothing more motovating then successfully completing a hard PT session.

Water bowl PT..I dont think they do it anymore , but you use to have to stand there and drink and drink and drink. I hated that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    Water bowl PT..I dont think they do it anymore , but you use to have to stand there and drink and drink and drink. I hated that lol.
    They still do it. One time they made us do it until about a quarter of the platoon started throwing up onto the squad bay floor. They also did it to us after we got back from the baseball game. They kept saying some bulls*** about getting all the nasty civilian food out of our bodies. Personally, I didn't eat that much, and, judging by the food we got in the chowhall, the civilian stuff was probably healthier . The thing is, you better put in a extra salt after getting water PT, or you can possibly get hypaneutremia (spelling?) if they packed enough water in you.

Yeah I remember a while back on that subject came up and Iguess some kids got sick and died.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    The smells were the worst. The constant salt marsh odors, add 6 second showers for 75 recruits and you get some real funk!

going thru the ditch in in moto

Amazingly, after about week 2, we were allowed to shower on our own during free time. This wasn't a problem as long as you didn't take forever to shower and shave. But when we were up at Pendleton, our kill hat would always give us a sh**load of stuff to do during free time. IIt's better to get all or most of the tasks done first, that way you know how long you have to hygiene.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dana - A BASEBALL GAME? Boy! The Corps surely has changed a lot................

Marine Spouse Free Member Tabby's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I cannot stand people in my face. It took all I had to bite my tongue and keep my freakin suck shut when I had a DI screaming in my face.

That and sharing a squad bay and one bathroom with 45 ****y, constantly pms-ing females. (I'm sure I wasn't much of a treat to be around a lot of the time either, but still.)

Oh, and the part of the stupid "O" Course where you have to chicken wing yourself over them damn bars. I'm short- 5'1" and the damn DI's would laugh at me trying to jump up there and grab a hold of them POS bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Dana - A BASEBALL GAME? Boy! The Corps surely has changed a lot................
    Yes. I'm not sure when they started doing this. I was kinda suprised. From what it looked like, it was more about seeing how we would act with a little "freedom" out in public.

For me since I was older I had to deal with the attitudes of 18 & 19 year olds. Not all of them but there were several that just didn't get the point and refused to understand the "team" concept. But we all pulled through and the non-hackers went to K. Co.

Overall though I had a blast in boot camp, I didn't show it, but I had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tflhndn
    For me since I was older I had to deal with the attitudes of 18 & 19 year olds. Not all of them but there were several that just didn't get the point and refused to understand the "team" concept. But we all pulled through and the non-hackers went to K. Co.

Overall though I had a blast in boot camp, I didn't show it, but I had fun.
    Some of the poolies will find this hard to believe right now, but for a week after I graduated, I actually missed boot camp.

For a couple days it was weird not having someone telling me what to do every minute, and having a ****er to myself

Credits
    Savings
    Same here. I wish we could've went to a baseball game. One of the best days in boot camp was the 4th of July. Our Senior took us to the parade deck to watch fireworks and we even got a hot dog! It was great.

Thread Information