Lat move question
Create Post

Lat move question

Currently i'm 0811, Field Artillery Cannoneer. I haven't been in for long but i want to do a Lat Move to either small arms repair or admin/supply, not sure which yet.

I've heard a rumor that if i do a lat move my contract will basically restart and it'll be like i never did 2 years. I'm just wondering if there's any hope thati will be able to do a lat move and if my contract will restart.

ASVAB score of 57, GT score of 110, M of 115, CL of 105, and EL of 110. don't know if that'll help with your responses or not, but just throwing that out there.

Thank you for your time gentlemen

Rumor is just that...

AND as you know, you need two years to lat move, and then get approval all the way up the chain.

Your 'contract' such as it is won't restart, but in certain MOS's you could be required to do more active duty time.

You don't lose time in grade, time in service or anything else.

What Sgt said. Talk to your career planner.

I work with 2111s everyday so I will comment on what I know. In order to LAT move into the 2111 MOS you will need at least 2 years left on contract after schooling which 9/10 times means that an extension at the very least is needed to LAT move.

2111 is a great MOS to have at a maintenance level but at a 2nd shop life is boring, repetitive, and usually long hours (due to ranges and contact teams), like every MOS you and your shop make it awesome or horrible.

Thread Information