Security Force to Grunt
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Security Force to Grunt

Evening Marines,

Just have a question(s) towards Security Force training, that I've been looking for but found no answer to unless it's been answered and just too lazy to have looked there.

Are Marines with a Security Force mos trained at MCT or SOI? Reason I ask is if you are only on a Security Force for 2 years or so, then go to an Infantry Battalion, are they properly trained to be ready an dig in with the grunts?

Also, are there schools open for a Security Force Marine after he/she hits the fleet say Recon, etc.?

Reason I ask is I have interest in being a Grunt but also like the "Security Force" aspect as well and would like to get as much knowledge as I can.

Thank you for your time Marines

SF Marines are Infantry with a secondary, or 'billet' MOS.

If you run a search using either "SF" or "Security Forces", there will be plenty of information readily at hand.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for the quick response, will do.

Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions
    MOS 8152 - - Marine Corps Security Force (MCSF) Guard

Type of MOS : EMOS
    Rank Range: GySgt to Pvt
    Job Description: The MCSF guard will be assigned to duty with MCSF units. He will be physically fit and mentally capable of enduring the rigors of combat. He will have the requisite knowledge to safely and properly employ the service rifle, pistol and shotgun. As a member of a reaction force, he will conduct offensive infantry tactics in confined spaces, ashore and afloat, to restore breached security and provide the final barrier/element of an integrated security plan for the asset being protected. He also must possess skills in land navigation and patrolling. In the grades of corporal through gunnery sergeant, as a security supervisor, the Marine will plan, evaluate, and supervise the implementation of site-specific security plans to protect assets designated as vital to the national security.
    Job Requirements:
    (1) Must meet prerequisites prescribed in MCO 1300.20, 5510.7, MCO 5521.3, and MCO 6100.3.
    (2) Complete the Marine Corps Security Force Guard Course.
    (3) To be used only as a billet designator in Marine Corps Security Force T/O. Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO 1510.59, Individual Training Standards.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis.../a/8152new.htm

Security Forces is a 5yr contract and you go to (SOI) to become a 0311 then Virginia for security Forces training. Security Forces is considered a Grunt (MOS), except you wont be directly in the fight, its more like you guarding Nuclear Facilities, Naval Bases, Presidential security, pretty much just gaurding Americas Important Assests, It's the job that i picked.... and from what i heard from all the SF Marines, they all love it, and that they travel alot and promotions come by quick

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by neverforget0525 View Post
    Security Forces is a 5yr contract and you go to (SOI) to become a 0311 then Virginia for security Forces training. Security Forces is considered a Grunt (MOS), except you wont be directly in the fight, its more like you guarding Nuclear Facilities, Naval Bases, Presidential security, pretty much just gaurding Americas Important Assests, It's the job that i picked.... and from what i heard from all the SF Marines, they all love it, and that they travel alot and promotions come by quick
    Not all necessarily true. If you go to a FAST company, you will travel alot, but if you get selected to PRP or PSD, you will travel to your duty station and mostly stay there. The only exception that I know of is the little bit of travelling that you may or may not do if you get selected for PSD and go to WHCA. You will get the chance at one maybe two trips in the three years that you are in the program. Promotions are slowing down, due to the fact that last fall, the corps has taken away the 100 bonus points toward promotion that SF marines rated. SF marines now get promoted the same as an 03xx.

I just completed the PSD program and can give you VERY accurate answers. I.M. or message me if you need any other questions answered.

Thread Information