Two civilians Killed New Years 1976 CAMPEN
Create Post

Question Two civilians Killed New Years 1976 CAMPEN

Trying to get details about this accident on Red Beach. Dud round was exploded and two young men died.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Do you remember any further details? I can pound the hell out of Google to see what I can find.

Thanks for your help

This is all I could get so far from the Corps Library in Quantico as written in the Camp Pendleton Command Chronology 1976:
    " The explosion of a "dud" 3.5 inch anti-tank rocket round killed two young civilians in a field near Red Beach, Camp Pendleton on New Year's Day. They were members of two families authorized to camp on Red Beach. After extensive investigation, it could not be determined how the round and two practice 3.5 inch rounds cami to be in the field west of Interstate HWY 5, although it is believed that an unknown person had removed the rounds from the impact areas of one of Camp Pendleton's rocket ranges".

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Sorry, nothing indexed on the Net. Its not unusual that information has not been "electronicized".

Take a look at the Camp Pendleton Public Afffiars contact page. They would know more.

Thanks I'll take a look!

Thread Information