The news I've been waiting to hear
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The news I've been waiting to hear

Sgt. Rogers came over with a friend of mine that graduated this past friday from Parris Island, Pvt. Gary Miles. He had called earlier in the day to tell me he needed to come over and talk to me. Which I hate how he does that because it makes you go the rest of the day asking myself," Am I disqualified again?" Well he gets over here, and tells me to sit down, my mom was making dinner and asked her to sit down. She said no, if it's bad news you may not leave my house lol. He then told me I had the option to leave in April, June 1st, and in August. I said why, I'm not approved yet, and he laughed and said well I got the call from Gunny Conley that you were approved right after I called you earlier asking how you were doing. I said and you couldn't tell me on the phone? He said nope, you've been the hardest person I've had to get in, and I wanted to do this in person. I stood up, shook his hand and said thank you. I am going this weekened to swear in. We're hoping the kid that is dropping from DEP will be dropped by this weekened so I can get his ship date of June 1st. 16 months of fighting MEPs and BUMED, times of losing hope, times of wanting to quite I kept pushing the issue and a Recruiter and NCOIC that never gave up on me, and finally I am getting my dream to stand on the yellow foot prints like my two brothers did in the mid-90's.

Thats cool. good luck.

Congratulations Man. I have a feeling I'll be going through all the waivers and BUMED stuff very soon too. Glad you got through it

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sixteen months is a freaking longgggggggggggggggggggggggg time. You must have been off the walls after your recruiter left. Congratulations and good luck.

Backhuasd...

You have an amazing run time...

Fill me in!

Also how tall are you and how much do you weight?

If it's not to personal...what was the medical reason you had to go to bumed. You see I've been waiting 9 months and I have 3 more till I can resubmit my records. I'm just wanting something to give me a little hope. Thanks for any answers. Very Respectfully Shannon D.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Soto C View Post
    Backhuasd...

You have an amazing run time...

Fill me in!

Also how tall are you and how much do you weight?
    Well I've been playing soccer everyday for as long as I can remember, which means I run everyday. I literally have run everyday for the past two years, with the only exception being the day I went to MEPS lol. I also love to PT...so that helps. But I'm 6'1'' 170.

Quote Originally Posted by shnon89 View Post
    If it's not to personal...what was the medical reason you had to go to bumed. You see I've been waiting 9 months and I have 3 more till I can resubmit my records. I'm just wanting something to give me a little hope. Thanks for any answers. Very Respectfully Shannon D.
    No problem, I had counseling when I was younger. Back in middle school range to help me cope with my parents divorce (Father was abusive to her and I when I was younger).

I am officially a Poolee as of this morning around 1000! It is one hell of a great feeling to have finally made it this far. I did 7 pull ups and 74 crunches at MEPs (pull-up bar was built into the ceiling, and my 5'6 a$$ describes the perfect theory of white men can't jump, but i got up on the bar). Can someone tell me who to PM about getting my profile changed to a POOLEE/DEPer?

I am contracted to ship 20090413, but is suppose to be changed to 20090601 (a DEPer is discharging so he can go to college instead). I want to be here when my oldest brother comes back from his deployment. My wish list was UV, Infantry, and Logestics. Should find out which one comes through. I know the only Career Field I qualified for (color percpetion blind) that is open on 20090413 is Infantry. No problem with this, being it's what I originally wanted, but UV sounds like a good deal to me. So if my shipdate does now change than, I am quite happy with going 03xx on 20090413

Did my first IST today, not to happy with it. I passed my pull-ups and crunches but not my run. I had a lap to go and Gunny would not let me finish as much as I begged him. I started getting bad pain in the back of my knee, and was running kind of funky. I kept running but he said he did not want me to hurt myself. No matter how much I begged him to let me finish my run. So I am kicking my ass on my run, but he did say he did not expect me to do that much with out falling out. I got my Career field today for 03xx, and my ship date got changed to Sept, and suppose to move to June when two poolee's ship-dates are changed, and one is dropped from DEP because he is going to college instead.

well this is the first I heard about this FP08... congratulations!

don't push yourself! take it slow... get that little training guide from your recruiters... it's the one in the little tin with all the dep'er info in it.

go through that and you'll get a perfect work-out to get you into shape before you ship... so I don't know why you are still here... go get your tin!

SSgt Petzold, yes sir. That little tin has become my new bible. Where ever I go, it goes with me. My DEP book and the Training Guide book. Actually I am about to meet another Poolee up at the AFB and go PT. I need to get some better go fasters, but kind of hard at the moment when I am broke. Taxes need to hurry up and come back. First thing I will do is pull the money to get some go-fasters. It is a great feeling to know I have come this far.

Their's a female Cpl that is trying to get back in after she got out of active duty after her baby. Her and I were competing on crunches, and I wasn't about to let her beat me hah. I wish I could say the same on the run, but I under stand why Gunny Conley did what he did. We already have two injured Poolee's, and one that about did not ship on Sunday because of a pulled hamstring.

good, just remember, run slower... but more... and follow your training guide.

Will do SSgt. Petzold. I just got back from the gym with a good friend of mine that ships out May 11. He pushed me to the point I couldn't walk, but I feel damned good about it. I believe the pain behind my knee was from not stretching, it did not bother me today, but the shin splints did. Hopefully I my taxes come back soon or persuade my parents into buying me a pair of running shoes. I am literally living by Pain is weakness leaving the body. But the recruiter did not give up on me, and I won't give up on him. So between Sgt. Rogers, Gunny Conley, and my buddy Poolee Johnson I'm in a world of pain, and the strange thing is I'm enjoying it so far haha.

Quote Originally Posted by futurepoole08 View Post
    Will do SSgt. Petzold. I just got back from the gym with a good friend of mine that ships out May 11. He pushed me to the point I couldn't walk, but I feel damned good about it. I believe the pain behind my knee was from not stretching, it did not bother me today, but the shin splints did. Hopefully I my taxes come back soon or persuade my parents into buying me a pair of running shoes. I am literally living by Pain is weakness leaving the body. But the recruiter did not give up on me, and I won't give up on him. So between Sgt. Rogers, Gunny Conley, and my buddy Poolee Johnson I'm in a world of pain, and the strange thing is I'm enjoying it so far haha.
    tell your parents that new shoes will prevent you from getting injured... and don't forget to play the "if you loved me..." card on them!! you've made a decision to join the Military, they should support you... by buying you a new pair of (moderately priced) running shoes that provide the right support.

I'd keep the running to a min. until you get the right gear, otherwise you'll put too much strain on your joints and tendons.

My mom wasn't awake when I came home, and my step-dad was at work. So I'm going to let my mom come home, eat her dinner get nice and rested and let the sweet talking begin. My buddy and I ran half a mile today, than I rested until they stopped hurting and we did the elliptical and cardio bike. He wasn't going to let me get off that easy. I'm wondering if that is why the back of my knee was hurting last night, SSgt Petzold. If it was hurting because of the shin splints, but it could be I did not stretch out good enough. I am not sure, and it gave me no problems today. So not going to worry about it to much.

Thread Information