Eagle, Anchor, Globe, and Esctacy !!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eagle, Anchor, Globe, and Esctacy !!

U.S. Servicemen Busted in Drug Probe

AP
    Wednesday, July 03, 2002

RALEIGH, N.C. — One of the largest military drug investigations in recent years has led to the conviction of more than 80 Marines and sailors at Camp Lejeune for using and selling Ecstasy, cocaine, LSD and methamphetamine.

The two-year, undercover probe resulted in the seizure of more than $1.4 million worth of narcotics and included 105 separate investigations. An additional 99 civilians were charged by civilian authorities.

Code-named Operation Xterminator, the investigation was conducted by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service office at Camp Lejeune, along with state and local authorities.

More details were to be released Wednesday.

FNC
    The investigation began in February 2000 after Camp Lejeune officials were alerted that a large number of service members were frequenting clubs about 40 miles south of the camp in Wilmington, where designer drugs were prevalent, according to a statement released by Camp Lejeune.

Drug charges were brought against 84 active-duty service members. A Marine Corps official said most were convicted under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and two cases are still pending.

Of the 84 charged, 61 were accused of distributing drugs and 23 were accused of using them. Officials provided no information on the sentences meted out to convicted military members.

Under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, the maximum punishment for wrongful distribution of drugs is confinement for 15 years, dishonorable discharge and forfeiture of all pay and allowances. For wrongful use of drugs, the maximum punishment is confinement for five years, dishonorable discharge and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.

FNC
    Although narcotics cases in the military are not rare, they usually involve smaller numbers of people.

Thirty-eight cadets out of 4,300 at the Air Force Academy were implicated in a rash of incidents that began in December 2000 and grew to become the biggest drug scandal in the school's 47-year history.

In 1996, the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., went through problems like the Air Force Academy's: Five midshipmen were court-martialed and jailed on drug charges, and 15 others were expelled.

It was not clear Tuesday whether the Marine Corps was planning additional steps to deter use of illicit drugs. Last December, well after Operation Xterminator was under way, the Marine Corps established a random computerized system to standardize urinalysis throughout the service.

Navy regulations require all Marines and sailors to take a urinalysis examination every year.

Marine Corps officials said that while they are concerned by any illicit drug use, the 84 service members charged in the investigation represent only a small percentage of the 50,000 to 60,000 Marines and sailors who served in the Camp Lejeune area during the time of the investigation.

TeufelHunden
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs down As Far As I'm Concerned Dane...

...They're no longer brothers of mine. 15 years at Leavenworth ain't long enough iffen you ask me. They oughta publically strip 'em of their EGAs, toss 'em in solitary and throw away the key until there's nuthin' left but the smell.

Registered User Free Member LongShot's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs down I agree TeufelHunden...

Thats 84 service members that should have never been Marines. Bunch of serious losers! Should be shot in public and the bodies left to rot in plain view as an example to others. Hope the got the max!

Midnight
    Guest Free Member

Say sheeit

Back in the day we'd just give'm some brig time then ship they ass over to the navy or army to finish their hitch.

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs down Drugs

I agree with Longshot and Teufelhunden only trouble is we now have to pay to keep them locked up and now-a-days that's a big piece of change. How about we send them to Gitmo and lock them up there can't see wastin a good lock-up.

Credits
    Savings

Angry Drummed out...

I agree on public humiliation for these sorry excuses for marines (notice I lower cased the M).

Reminds me of a time watching one of my dad's formations.

It was 1978 and my dad, new to conventional units (he spent 15 years in SF units) and a new 1st shirt, had recently (with cooperation with CID) with enough evidence to prosecute, caught one of his platoon sgts dealing heroin in the barracks. You have to remember this was the Army of the '70s where average GT score was sixty, drugs were rampant (This is in Germany)... This was the low point for the US military.

Anyway, he has this formation out in the company area. The Bn SGM, the MP 1stSgt, the CO, and the two CID guys are there. He builds up with this great speech on leadership and one of his famous (or infamous) kill a commie speech. Then he works into a semi-flowery (sarcasm) speech on this individual. This guy is standing out there thinking he's about to be promoted or receive some award... Dad calls him to the front of the formation, pulls out and reads off this list of charges on this SOB. This guy's standing at attention when my dad reaches over and tears his chevrons off of his collar, then knocks his cover to the ground (I still feel he was trying to take off his head!) (meanwhile the MPs are now holding this guy, while he stands there in total shock!), strips the unit patch off his shoulder, and finally tears his US ARMY tape off his chest. Then continues on with a speech how things are going to be run in this company and how their whole mission is to kill as many communists before they were pushed into the sea. He went on to tell them about how it was his mission as the 1stSgt to put as many non-hackers and druggies out of the service because someday some of these privates could be NCOs leading his sons in combat. Meanwhile the Bn SGM is about white as a sheet because here he was thinking it was going to be simple arrest of a SNCO, not a drumming out!

Later on he was told by the Bn SGM that what he did was not appropriate but it was worth it in fear factor!!! Needless to say, his was the most combat effective company with the least amount of problems in the 8th Infantry Div.

I'm sure that me and my brother were there for a reason because we grew up to be on the straight and narrow and both became good NCOs in our respective services (My bro's in the Army).

SF

Guns

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Question Where's the statistical data?

I agree. If the parties were guilty, they should be punished.

What I am curious to know is how many Marines, what ranks, ages and units were involved. This information can be used to help leaders understand who is most at risk to fall into this type of behavior/activity. Those that engaged in the drug activity are being dealt with. My concern as a leader is to prevent others from traveling down that same path.

Sixguns

Arty101
    Guest Free Member

Red face Book 'em Dano...

This is a very simple post. Lock 'em up, throw away the key.

[IMG]C:\My Download Files\Police\Animation\key.gif[/IMG]

21st Century Marines..hmmmmm.

"Old breed? New breed? There's not a damn bit of difference so long as it's the Marine breed!"

(Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller)

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Re: Eagle, Anchor, Globe, and Esctacy !!

Originally posted by NamGrunt68
    U.S. Servicemen Busted in Drug Probe

AP
    Wednesday, July 03, 2002

RALEIGH, N.C. — One of the largest military drug investigations in recent years has led to the conviction of more than 80 Marines and sailors at Camp Lejeune for using and selling Ecstasy, cocaine, LSD and methamphetamine.

The two-year, undercover probe resulted in the seizure of more than $1.4 million worth of narcotics and included 105 separate investigations. An additional 99 civilians were charged by civilian authorities.

Code-named Operation Xterminator, the investigation was conducted by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service office at Camp Lejeune, along with state and local authorities.

More details were to be released Wednesday.

FNC
    The investigation began in February 2000 after Camp Lejeune officials were alerted that a large number of service members were frequenting clubs about 40 miles south of the camp in Wilmington, where designer drugs were prevalent, according to a statement released by Camp Lejeune.

Drug charges were brought against 84 active-duty service members. A Marine Corps official said most were convicted under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and two cases are still pending.

Of the 84 charged, 61 were accused of distributing drugs and 23 were accused of using them. Officials provided no information on the sentences meted out to convicted military members.

Under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, the maximum punishment for wrongful distribution of drugs is confinement for 15 years, dishonorable discharge and forfeiture of all pay and allowances. For wrongful use of drugs, the maximum punishment is confinement for five years, dishonorable discharge and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.

FNC
    Although narcotics cases in the military are not rare, they usually involve smaller numbers of people.

Thirty-eight cadets out of 4,300 at the Air Force Academy were implicated in a rash of incidents that began in December 2000 and grew to become the biggest drug scandal in the school's 47-year history.

In 1996, the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., went through problems like the Air Force Academy's: Five midshipmen were court-martialed and jailed on drug charges, and 15 others were expelled.

It was not clear Tuesday whether the Marine Corps was planning additional steps to deter use of illicit drugs. Last December, well after Operation Xterminator was under way, the Marine Corps established a random computerized system to standardize urinalysis throughout the service.

Navy regulations require all Marines and sailors to take a urinalysis examination every year.

Marine Corps officials said that while they are concerned by any illicit drug use, the 84 service members charged in the investigation represent only a small percentage of the 50,000 to 60,000 Marines and sailors who served in the Camp Lejeune area during the time of the investigation.

UCMJ gonna be worn out on the 2nd MarDiv...General Lejeune and Chesty be waiting for these Jarheads...Squat thrust forever!

Hey Danez...NamNuts here! Made it under the wire...the MP's doain know me here yet

Wherez the club...found the chow hall..no damn coffee WTF over! Damn i'm back ta FNG..even though my skivvies got more TI than a few in this bunker...yep i r an ash!

HEY NAM NUTS

Welcome Home and Semper Fi......enjoy postin here bro......I got a feelin you won't be here too long...............so go ahead and get it over with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

6.6.kick

boot em out! P.C. azzholes deserve whatever they get! just another by-product of our 'permissive society' bros

ROGER the permissive society statement Arzach

think we shouldn't condemn our Brothers on Civilian accusations.

Semper Fi, Marines

Registered User Free Member gemntx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Military Justice!

As a side note to this story. Of the 84 military members charged, 2 are still in the judicial process. The other 82 have been found guilty! As the article in Jacksonville (NC) Daily News said, "they have not found anyone innocent." You've got to love the military justice system.

Glenn

10-4 Major..UCMJ..all the way..price ya pay 2 play.
    Semper Fi, Marine!

Thread Information