WW2 - Old folks and family!
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

WW2 - Old folks and family!

My mum's uncle (would make him my great uncle, duh!Who was Irish), was in the SAS, actually was one of the first SAS to enter WW2.

Any how, the Irish were fighting along side the english then and have to say I am not ashamed to admitt this, being I am half scot and half Irish!

Ach, long story short, he never did talk about what he did and what happened, suppose that shows he wasn't b*llsh*tting about it?? Bless his heart, died a few years back at the age of 82. Old age didn't get him, the drink did, he was an alcoholic from the day he left the SAS, poor sod!

My grandpa was a naval gunner within hte RN during WW2, he was the Scottish part along with his cousins, brothers and other famliy members serving in the RN, Scot Guards and Black Watch (who weren't the luckiest). However, if you stumble across any one with knowledge on UK military history, you may learn that the BlackWatch were said to have picked up a kind of curse since WW2 or were just unlucky.

My Grandma was a Wren QUARNN during WW2.

I use to love sitting on my Grandpa's lap as a rugrat listening to his 'war stories' and will always thank him to this day.

God bless them all, I miss them!

So, my question is........does any one have any good tales to spin from their days or what was passed down to them?

Jo xxxxxx

Thanks Josephine for reminding us, what your country had to endure and we proud that we're allies...

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just thought the 'old war dits' from all over are amazing!

Can never get enough of a good story of the old days, esp. when I am only 24 lol

Thread Information