For the Poolees
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the Poolees

Exclamation For the Poolees

Ya'll are nervous as hell about bootcamp. You dont know what to expect... you not sure if you're gonna make it.. but you're anxious to give it a shot. Every Marine on this forum has been there, every Poolee on this forum is experiencing the same thoughts. You're here because you're trying to get ahead of the game.. to that I say kudos to you.

But before you wet your pants and start posting questions or replies to posts of other Poolees. I give you the word of the wise...

Dont disrespect Marines. We're here to aid you in your struggle to earn our title. Swearing at us, or making smart mouth comments, doesnt help your situation. There may be times during your time posting on these forums, that you feel belittled by Marines. Your natural instinct is usually to defend yourself - shooting back with every cuss word you ever heard your bus driver use during 4th grade is a poor choice. When you arrive at MCRD, you'll be belittled much more then what you'll see on these forums. I promise you, you surely wont disrespect Marines then. So why do it now? If you feel disrespected beyond reason, use what Marines in the fleet call the chain of command. Find a LCpl or PFC on the forums - and voice your thoughts to them. If the LCpl or PFC feels its reasonable enough - they'll handle the situation from there, and bring it to the attention of a moderator. This saves yourself from getting banned from the forums - which really blows, trust me I was there at one point.

Dont ask questions that you can find answers to yourself. If you've got a question, google it. You have the internet at the tip of your fingers, and you may find that a simple question such as "where does teufelhunden come from?" can be answered by googling the word "teufelhunden". Marines always try to find the answers by themselves first, THEN they ask for help.

Dont repost questions or topics. Unless you know your topic is unique in its form, you should definatly do a quick search to make sure your question hasnt already been asked and answered. Many times, we Marines find ourselves answering the same questions over and over. Take the time and effort to search for your answers before rushing off to ask a question.

Dont get involved in Marine on Marine arguments. At certain times you'll see comments back and forth between Marines who argue over a topic or question. Dont jump into these kind of confrontations. Let Marines be Marines... we argue.. its just what we do. Leave them to say what they need to say. An old Marine saying is "you dont rate". It means you dont have the authority, nor the respect, to have an opinion. As a Poolee, you really dont rate. So avoid these kind of situations.

Lastly, absorb the information given by Marines. Like I said earlier, we're here to help you. Take heed to our advice, and never stop striving towards your goals - whatever they may be. Eventually you'll earn the title. Eventually you'll be privilaged enough to be called a Marine.

If you swallow my advice, you'll do just fine on these forums. Break the rules, and you'll soon see the consequences.

Semper Fidelis, Always Faithful.

-Lake

Nice post, LCpl. Thank you, very good advice there.

Give him one, Poolees!

OORAH!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Got that loud and clear! Thanks.

yes very good post. been wanting to say something like that myself but didnt think i was in the position to say it. but sadly you MARINES will still get asked stupid questions that already have been asked and answered. but hey it gives me something to laugh at. lol
    Thanks

Holy crap, I wonder how many times people told you the same thing Lake! Good post, maybe some of the newer wannabes will listen to you, because you really do speak from experience on this one.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Holy crap, I wonder how many times people told you the same thing Lake! Good post, maybe some of the newer wannabes will listen to you, because you really do speak from experience on this one.

While I was reading the post by 'Lake will be Lake', I had the same thoughts.

Yep, the same thoughts.

Thanks, LCpl. I will heed your advice.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Ya'll are real pals... always on my side.. always there to be sarcastic for me. Thanks.

-Lake

LCplLake, very well put, like it was said in above posts, i have wanted to say the same thing, and also that stupid questions will still be asked (and answered), because if we don't answer them we will be failing to provide the knowledge that we have gained! remeber this (THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION, IS THE ONE NOT ASKED!)
    Semper Fi
    Maurice

thanks... that's helpful...

You poolies will be slayed the first 15 minutes on the Yellow Steps orahhhhhhhh get some gunney drillinstructor make me some more Marines..

Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy
    You poolies will be slayed the first 15 minutes on the Yellow Steps orahhhhhhhh get some gunney drillinstructor make me some more Marines..
    Nah I gotta disagree - the slaying comes the very first day they meet their real DI's! Now that is hell day!

You poolees remember the scene from Full Metal Jacket when Gunny finds a donut in the fat body's foot locker - and how Gunny "checked" to ensure nothing was missing?

Yeah, it's like that - except ALL DAY long! LOL!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman777
    Nah I gotta disagree - the slaying comes the very first day they meet their real DI's! Now that is hell day!

You poolees remember the scene from Full Metal Jacket when Gunny finds a donut in the fat body's foot locker - and how Gunny "checked" to ensure nothing was missing?

Yeah, it's like that - except ALL DAY long! LOL!

Steve

The words "They're all yours." Will never be the same to any of 'em...

Registered User Free Member A.P's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    hey dude, calm down, you forget these kids are civilians and can say whatever the f--k they want to, and id expect them to say "shut the f--k up" if i said some dumb ass remark. We are still human beings in the end my friend. And boot camp is just the begining... just the begining.. you can prove to the world that you could make it, and the world will laugh anyways.

Thread Information