Weight Loss in boot?
Create Post

Weight Loss in boot?

I am afraid I will come back from boot all wirey.. or something.. im 5'11 and weigh 170 pounds.. im have an athletic build and have mostly lean muscle..or is there a chance ill be able to gain?? i dont think.. but let me know.. thanks ill post a pic if it will let me..

Attached Images Attached Images

You'll see more on the 'loss' side of things than the gains. You're not scrawny, so gaining won't really take place. You seem to be pretty shredded up, so My guess is you may lose a slight amount of LBM, but overall you shouldn't change too much. You'll be doing enough push ups and pull ups to keep your arms at about the level they are now, but I would expect to lose just a slight amount, especially if you built that physique from weightlifting.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBrave83
    You'll see more on the 'loss' side of things than the gains. You're not scrawny, so gaining won't really take place. You seem to be pretty shredded up, so My guess is you may lose a slight amount of LBM, but overall you shouldn't change too much. You'll be doing enough push ups and pull ups to keep your arms at about the level they are now, but I would expect to lose just a slight amount, especially if you built that physique from weightlifting.

damn, i want to get bigger.... not smaller... after bootcamp are there any chances where you can hit the weight room? Cause if I dont lift weight at least like 3 times a week... ill go crazy! :P

it must be nice going into boot camp wondering if you can go in muscular and come out more muscular. im just hoping to go in me and come out a Marine.

with all the IT you'll get, you wont need to go to the gym. and no you cannot go durring bootcamp. you'll be able to when you get to MOS school. if you are going to go nuts though, you can always do pushups, pullups, situps, lunges, squats and dips in the squadbay durring your 30-60 min of "square-away" time.... IF you have time. but, again, i dont think you'll be in need of going to the gym

Your weight only means something, if you cannot perform int the PFT. If you do not perform you get dropped to the Hog Farm (pcp), where they insure that you are able to perform, then send you back to training. While you are in the Marine Corps you must look presentable in you uniform at all times and if you develope a gut or become so skinny that you have to put sand in your pockets when there is a stiff breeze, they they will muster you out.

I used to bring all the Hogs up to the front of the chow line along with all the skinny pvts and the hogs gave the skinny pvts all there food except the lettuce. The hogs got lettuce and that was it.

When I was in boot, we were weighed every Sunday. Depending on our height, our weight would tell us if we were double rations or diet trays ( female recruits had diet trays with a certain amount and kind of food in it) . I did lose some weight in the beginning but regained it when I learned to eat in 5 minutes Don't worry about the weight issue too much.. exercise, STRETCH and build your muscle before you go, but dont break yourself off like I did.

Sammo, what's your PFT score? (pullups, crunches, run time)

Quote Originally Posted by Accord
    Sammo, what's your PFT score? (pullups, crunches, run time)
    Pull Ups: 22
    Crunches: 117
    1.5 Miles: 8:48

Thread Information