Newbie here so please don't hurt me!
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Newbie here so please don't hurt me!

Right, now I have your attention. You may gather that I am a brit by now, yes I served within the Royal Navy but our RMs do not allow females in.

So my question is, what is the most common job as a female USMC, what trades are you allowed into and not allowed in to?

Are your fitness tests different to the males?

I find this interesting and to be honest I know jack about the female side of the USMCs! Can you tell

Big hi to you all'!

Credits
    Savings
    I'm a female Marine. Most of the mos field's female are in is supply and admin. I'm a field radio operator myself. All mos field's are open to females except combat. I believe all aviation mos's accept women. I'm really short on time.... The only difference is we have to do the flex arm hang, not pull ups, we still have to do crunches, and run 3 miles for time, although we are allowed 3 minutes extention from the male's time, but I've seen women run it in under 17 minutes.

First let me extent a Hardy Welcome to Josephine from Great Britain.
    I let the ladies of this message board answer your question.
    I think Lorix about cover it all, only thing that I might add,
    There Women Marines now in Afghanistan and Iraq that go out with patrols in case there's women that need searching.
    Here a link to Women marines Association
    http://www.womenmarines.org/

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks for the welcome and info!

Just amazes me that there is not much talk on females serving as USMC's and I find it interesting.

I know when I was RN and serving on ship, it was hard at times. The old and bold naval members would always lay into you about females being on bored, but you most probably get my drift lol

I can see why females do not serve with in the RMs, its not an easy course, that I know lol

Cheers!

Credits
    Savings
    Female Marines are trained the same as male Marines. We are required to do everything the males are required to do. In boot camp, we have drill instructors (meaner than the male DI's!), qualify on swim, qualify on the M16A2 (same standards as the males), we climb ropes and crawl through mud. At mct, we train side by side with the males. We are required to throw live grenades, fire and maintain different types of machine guns, hump 5k, 10, and 15k with a full sally pack, same as the males. We train side by side at mos school, same requirements, same requirements in the fleet too.

The main difference is we are not allowed to go into combat, but things happen, and some women do prove themselves in a combat situation. Females go on convoys in Iraq, some are attached to infantry units when they go on raids so we can search female detainees. Anything else you would like to know, just ask.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

the USMC

has no medical MOS they use Navy Personel

Welcome Aboard Sister

Glad to see more Britts on line Keep coming back anything I can do to help just ask
    Semper Fi
    RECON

Female Marines do the same training as the males, we just get more **** about the stuff we do do that is different. Even stuff that is the same. Im the first female airframe mechanic in my unit so it kind of takes a little getting used to for the guys that never had to deal with a girl in their shop

Credits
    Savings
    WELL,WELL, WELL...
    Since this post has changed in direction so dramatically, I have decided to close it.
    If you would like to keep the "war" going do it through PM's. This is not the place.

WELL, WELL, WELL...Most all the posts are gone, your's too.

What "war" was going on?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Very well- point taken, though I would've liked to see the rest of the replies.

lol

BAMs are not the same as Male marines.
    If that is what you want I suggest you make a request to your regimental commander that you would like to start an all female Bn. and start training like grunts no holds barred you will do everything they do! to serve in Iraqi front lines , kicking in doors , room to room searches and love it. I dont mean to be harsh or direspectful but maybe some one needs a realty check.
    And you know what, if they can do it let them fight !

Josephine----Great song by the Wallflowers.

Credits
    Savings
    I would love to go on the front lines and fight, do some grunt work, they won't let me because I'm a female.

Thread Information