Help with MOS - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with MOS

Ya learnin' anything about life yet?

There'll always be someone around to tell ya what cannot be done. The Marine Corps shows ya how to do it....even if it seems impossible to others.

"Don't let the bastards get ya down." If it's truly what you want and is the right choice for you, then go for it.

There are many things old Marines regret. Being a Marine is not one of them.

When spelling Marine Corps
    The "C" is also capitalized. Petty, huh? Don't bet the house on that.
    No one is trying to "disencourage" you, here. Just want to let you KNOW that you will have to pass. If your skills are up to the grade in your interests (profile), the Corps will find a place for you to do the best you can. And expect it, and expect you to drag the slackers along.
    Just remember to keep that rifle and your magazines clean, 'cause whatever MOS you get, you want to be a Marine.
    And don't knock the Air Farce, they do come in handy when you need a little road paved.

#1 Computer Certification ==> Spell Checker!!!!

You will love Torry Pines, La Jolla, and the other Pacific coast attractions. But stay away from the WesPac widows in SD, could get you in big trouble with the Navy.

100%, 100% of the time!!

Registered User Free Member jerryB's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Son,
    A person join the Marine Corps to fight, all the other bull crap can come later in your career. Select a line MOS, fine out what the Corps is about from that MOS and then in your later years search for another MOS if you like.
    The heart of the Corps is the line MOS(s), if you don't want to be a fighter the other services may help you. The storys you have heard about our Corps are not dumb and the modern day Corps has some of the finest weapons within the Dept of Defense. We use to get hand me downs years ago, but we made them work and won our battles.
    One thing with the Corps, if you are down you pals will bring you home-we are trained that way and that fact continues throught-out you life.

Semper Fi,
    Bomber

Registered User Free Member ecomsg68's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Arrow SKynetlabs

'Chr1st Sake' ... did you talk to your recruiter before you put you "x" on the dotted line! You know .... got all you ducks lined up ... i's dotted and T's crossed! This is a primo decision you have made here and MOS is secondary to earning the title MARINE. You go to that nice little place in Dago, get your hush puppies on the yellow foot prints and then ask the DI about computer and business courses! This ought to be interesting ...

What did your recruiter say about 'computer/buissness jobs in the marines (MARINES)'

:glasses:

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    he didnt know anything about them and neither did all 5 recruiters at all the local recruiting offices

May-haps you need to wear out a couple of sets of heels on your rough outs working over the grinder B4 trying to make a decision WITF you will be a$$igned!!

If, and when you get the Title, then you might get a chance to select your MOS and Duty Station.

Don't put your cart before the horse. Graduation is the objective!

Steve

Registered User Free Member ecomsg68's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Arrow SKynetlabs

"Holy Bat Sh1t" I should have been a MARINE CORPS Recruiter ....

Here's what you do ... go to your favorite search engine (I prefere Google) and type in MARINE CORPS MOS and this is what you come up with ...

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...marinejobs.htm

If the kid would have gone to the Poolee and Mentor forums on THIS site and looked, there would have been something similiar posted there and more.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    First thought. WestPac widows.

He's in the saddle, and notices a picture of his "buddy".

"Hey, my buddy Charlie is out there in WestPac, and I'm getting some of his pussy here."

And the answer comes back, "No you ain't honey, his is about three inches deeper."

Second thought. To echo JerryB. The equipment means s**t, if you can't trust the driver.

Computer jobs? I have a problem with your recruiters.

A Recruiter's job is to lay it out, and spell it out, so there is NO misunderstanding. Each of us Recruiters , have different personalities, viewpoints, and emphasis. Each of us, therefore, appeal to a differently motivated audience.

ALL recruiters should be capable of responding to ALL questions.

Those that fail, are failures.

Skynetlabs,

I'm out of the loop. I can offer you nothing current. Follow wrbones advice, hit the forums. If you stlill have a problem, PM me. I'll do the best I can for you.

We Marines are like that.

You're welcome to come aboard.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you so much guys this forum has been 100 times the help any recruiter has ever been !

Don't let them discourage you. You made a very good decision when you chose to be a Marine. Yes, you will be a rifleman first but also there are very good opportunities for you to as far as job skills that you will be able to use once you get out. Also take advantage of the schooling opportunities while you are in. The Marine Corps will be the best experience of your life. It will be as good as you allow it to be. Stay fit, know your MOS and do it well and you will have a great time. No other service (I may be a little biased here) will give you the pride and cameraderie that you will find in the Corps. I don't care how long you have been in or whether you get out, but you will be standing someone at sometime and if there is another Marine anywhere near you.....we'll find you and it will be as though we have found our long lost friend. Be true to yourself and the Corps....and earn your emblem!

I would lay odds that the people that you have spoken with know nothing about the Marines or the Army. My brother, my sister and I all joined and all have great stories and memories...a good jobs!!!

Lightbulb Being A Marine.........

I have always wanted to be a Marine. It didn't matter what MOS I was given. I just was proud to earn the title: U. S. Marine. It takes heart to be a Marine. That is why we are The Chosen Few. We never asked for anything, we earned everthing. Just having the title U. S. MARINE was enough.

The Grim Reaper Spoken

Im intrested in joining the Marines but I am having a hard time finding a job that I would like to do. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ovfd38
    Im intrested in joining the Marines but I am having a hard time finding a job that I would like to do. Any suggestions?
    Fill out your profile and you might get a response.

Thread Information