Re-Up
Create Post

Thread: Re-Up

Re-Up

Former marine here-I have been trying to get back in since Sept-04. Signed the paperwork in 04 -the paperwork layed in my prior service recruiters office for six months before they realized that nobody had sent it off to HQ-USMC. In Sept-05 I went to Knox.TN from Nash. Tn for Physical and all the tests-passed all-only thing left -age waiver. That's where I sit now- my recruiters say it's now a waiting game-but I have my doubts. Surely it can't take this long with all that's happening! ANY HELP OUT THERE???

How many years did you serve? Reason i ask is that i know there is a limit as to how old you can be to but if i remember correctly the years you served are subtracted from you age to determine that due to those years still counting towards your retirement..

Just wondering 2 things, not doubting your a Marine but why no rank insignia.. and why are you posting these questios in the Poolee area you are priviledged to the main forums and if you are a Marine i dont see anyone not helping you out..

[quote=29st8587]Former marine here-quote]

theres no such thing as a former Marine....

Poolee Michael - while I understand, and agree with your statement, once you have earned the title you can feel free to correct a Marine, until then please allow us to police our own.

Poolee Micheal,
    Just an FYI... There is such a thing as a Former Marine.. General Jones is the one that came up with "once always" line of thought. We have been brought up that again once a Marine always a Marine but if you arent on active duty service you are a former Marine.. and if you got a BCD or a Dishonorable your an Ex-Marine... Ohh and just to add one more thing... Did you know according to General Jones those civilians that serve next to you doing work are classified as "Civilian Marines" Hate to tell you something in my book they are DOD employees and not civilian Marines.. you go to boot camp you earn then title then you are a Marine.. but thats another story...

Thread Information