need help on knowledge of getting a waiver.
Create Post

Exclamation need help on knowledge of getting a waiver.

Hey guys i am in need of some marine inspiration and words of wisdom. So here is my story. i am an 18 year old, healthy, in shape, motivated as hell young man with one goal. Join the Marine corps. i have been involved in enlisting since december 16, 2010. i have an amazing family that has spoiled me and i finally said to hell with this i need to earn my half. when i realised i wanted to be a marine it hit me like a bag of bricks and i didnt hesitate to get my butt into the recruiters office. first goal, get me approved to go to MEPS. i have had 2 eye surgeries that werent on my eye but on the muscle in my eye at 1 and a half years old. my vision is 20/60 left eye, 20,20 right. i broke my leg at age fourteen but recovered just fine from that. at 18 months old i had surgery on my heart. i had an atrial septal defect. they didnt want to **** around and wait so they took care of it right away and i had a fully successful recovery. i never had anything artificial in my body and i didnt need to take any medications nor have i ever had to. so as of January 16 of 1994 i had a perfectly healthy heart. i have been in soccer all my life since age 4 and i play indoor soccer in the winter, fall soccer in fall (obviously) and summer traveling soccer. along side that i was a competitive state champion gymnast for 8 years. my workout schedual is 2 hours starting at 5:30 a.m. before school and one and a half hours of conditioning after school. i got an echocardiogram because MEPS asked for me to get one. doctor called me and congradulated me on having a perfectly healthy heart and said go join the marines and semper fi! after that im thinkin hells yes! so i send that into MEPS. i go back into the office January 27th and they say we need to get a waiver from BUMED for your heart. so GYSGT Smith at the recruiting office here in bismarck, nd writes up a very detailed description of me and my activities and workout history from start to finish. oh and fyi i have had zero problems with my heart and have done some extremely strenuous workouts including the time i played 3 80 minute games of soccer in one day 2 hours apart last summer in minnesota with temperitures at 97 degrees which we included in my packet. marines mean the world to me and me and my fellow friends who are poolies are an extremely motivated bunch. i am confident in getting a waiver but also know the realities i face and ultimatly could have to deal with. basically its up in the air as far is what the BUMED result will be but if anyone has any info or advice they would like to pass to me i would appreciate it greatly. SEMPER FI

Can't really give you any advice at this point. It's up to the Navy doctors now. If you're a religious person suppose you could pray over it. Reading on this forum and on recruits.com, it appears to me waivers of any kind are extremely rare these days.

Good luck; sounds to me your heart is in the right place (pardon the pun).

I've been reading psalms like a mad man and pray every night so my hopes are stayin high! I liked the unintentional pun by the way.

Hello Dandaman What you need to do is get Medical Clearance from a Cardiologist.Take a little Echo Cardiogram-and have him fill out some papers that the USMC cant dispute-As soon as your 1A-fit your DI-will call you a FuK*n Magget. Have Fun.........I don't think you will have any problems with your eyes......O:K you wont be able to be a Marine Pilot...but you will be a MARINE............Good Luck.....

Thank you sir. I'm actually intending to be a combat engineer if it's open. I did get an echo-cardiogram too and had it reviewed by a cardiologist, Doc Emory, here in Bismarck and he called and congratulated me on being able to join. Your reply just got me hell'a motto. Thanks again sir. SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by dandaman View Post
    Thank you sir. I'm actually intending to be a combat engineer if it's open. I did get an echo-cardiogram too and had it reviewed by a cardiologist, Doc Emory, here in Bismarck and he called and congratulated me on being able to join. Your reply just got me hell'a motto. Thanks again sir. SEMPER FI
    .........You be Welcome Marine-Be the Best that you can Be.................AW-out

Details in your golf game

The vital factor any time contemplating your own golf swing is the viewpoint. An adverse mindset may lead again downswing, golf swing and follow-up. Sleep your own attitude and your grasp. A fantastic golf swing that happens simply and also swing holdfast will certainly destroy an individual --- an excellent idea is usually to keep the membership as if you support the bird. taylormade r7 cgb max fairway wood is indispensable in your golf game. Keep in mind that a fantastic swing action will be next to nothing related to the equip, the actual motion is necessary comes from your whole entire body.

Along with your swing action back, certainly not thinking of your own firearms, think about looking at a goal once you draw the club once more. Prior to starting the again swing with Callaway 10' X-Series , be sure your remaining equip rotate slightly clockwise. This unique need to take place the organic approach, so it is really advantageous if you don't reject it. Attempt to maintain the foot nevertheless down since this may possibly help in point the again golf swing. For additional information and resources, please visit Ping K15 Irons
    viaje vietnam-vietnam travel-vietnamtourpackages-

Thread Information