H&MS 24 K-Bay - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: H&MS 24 K-Bay

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I have contact info for Falo. Not sure I recognize the other names on the list. Was Paco a shorter Texan who live to surf?

I was with NORS Section of (NMCS) Group Supply 77-80. Did a deployment with 265, 79-80 on the Trip. Lt. Col. Anthes was CO. Gunner Hannaford was there as well. Gil Hodges (I think) was the civilian tech rep.

Hi SlickJarhead,
    The name of Falo sounds familiar. I believe he use to work in the SRS for HM&S-24 and if he is the one I am thinking of, he was a Sgt at the time I first meet him And I believe he was also a Samoan. As for Paco, I would have to ask couple of the guys who I am still in contact to see if they remember who was Paco. I don't remember no Texan who lived to surf. I remember we had 2 Gunners and one of the was Gunner Hannaford when I was there but the name of Gil Hodges does sounds familiar as well.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Hi SlickJarhead,
    The name of Falo sounds familiar. I believe he use to work in the SRS for HM&S-24 and if he is the one I am thinking of, he was a Sgt at the time I first meet him And I believe he was also a Samoan. As for Paco, I would have to ask couple of the guys who I am still in contact to see if they remember who was Paco. I don't remember no Texan who lived to surf. I remember we had 2 Gunners and one of the was Gunner Hannaford when I was there but the name of Gil Hodges does sounds familiar as well.
    Yep, Falo is Samoan. Lives in the San Francisco area. Gunner (LtCol) Hannaford lives between Havelock and Hubert. I'm in the Fayetteville area.

Cool....That would be great if I could get in touch with him. I just hope he remembers me though.

I think I remember someone was telling me that LtCol Hannaford who was at K-Bay had been station at Cherry Point and lives in the area. But didn't have no other information.

I live here in Hubert but work over in Cherry Point myself.

Hi SlickJarhead,
    Sorry for it has been a while since I last post but I was talking to one of the guys who I worked with back in K-Bay from '79 - '83 and we were talking about some of the guys we remember and I came up with couple of names that he hasn't heard in a long time. One of them was Falo and I had told him that I had gotten some information that he was living in the San Francisco area and ask me if I can find out exactly where Falo is living, we both can look him up. Now mind you I only knew him by Sgt. Falo and that is it. I don't remember his last name so that would be a problem so if you know his full name that would be great.

Now, as for Gunner (LtCol) Hannaford, do you know exactly where he is living so that I can see if I can get in touch with him? But if not I will see if I can but would be great just to nail it down closer.

There was a Gunny who was also there in K-Bay who went on and did 30 years and retire as a 1st Sgt at Cherry Point. I was told he retire sometime after 2003.

I forgot to ask about the guy who name was Paco but I will get on Facebook and ask couple of guys if they remember him. As soon as I find out, I will let you know.

Hope to hear from you.

Until then!

Thread Information