H&MS 24 K-Bay
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H&MS 24 K-Bay

Smile H&MS 24 K-Bay

I am looking for those who were assign to H&MS 24 Supply from 1979-1983. It would be great to hear from anyone and to see how everyone has been doing through all these years.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wan't w/ H&MS-24 but was with SOMS at K-bay from '77 til '81.

Hi bigdog43701,
    It is good to hear from someone who was assign there. Was SOMS part of MAG-24 H&MS-24?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    SOMS was Station Operations and Maintenance Squadron. We had Crash Crew, Station Weapons etc. Sister was Headquarters and Headquarters Squadron MCAS.

Not Me, I Was With Echo 2/3 At K-bay, 1982-1985

Registered User Free Member rdrsgt's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm always surprised (but happy) to hear someone use K-Bay in a sentence.
    I was with MACS-2 from 87-90. We had the giant golf balls by Pyramid Rock. When I tell people where I was stationed they seem to have no understanding that there is a Marine base there.

VMA-212 MAG 13 1957-'58-'59 Too many years ago !!!!

I didn't work in Supply, but I was assigned to H&MS-24 Powerplants from 1980 to 1983. My name is Ron Nelson, but everybody called me "The Rat". I was a Corporal when I left in 1983. Perhaps you may know me, or remember anybody that worked in the Powerplants department. I've tried to find buddies now for several years, but have not yet been successful in locating anybody. Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by The Rat
    I didn't work in Supply, but I was assigned to H&MS-24 Powerplants from 1980 to 1983. My name is Ron Nelson, but everybody called me "The Rat". I was a Corporal when I left in 1983. Perhaps you may know me, or remember anybody that worked in the Powerplants department. I've tried to find buddies now for several years, but have not yet been successful in locating anybody. Semper Fi!
    Hi Ron,
    No, I didn't know anyone from the Powerplant department there at K-Bay from the time I was there until the time I left. I just knew some marines who were assign to other squadrons but the majority of the time they were in and out of deployments.

H&ms 24 Avionic Eletrician 81-83

HAMS24 Avionics: WC 620

Do you all know that has been 30 YEARS???!!! I was there from 77 to 81. It is really hard to imagine. I was with HAMS-24 Avionics in 620 for awhile then went to PC. HAMS had the two A-4 trainers as part of their inventory. I spent two WestPacs with HMM-165 on the USS Okinawa. If you were with AVI you 'have' to remember Patty Young! LOL! She was a Cpl, then Sgt. She married a sailor who flew P-3's. Wish I could find her!

One of the things I hated the most about that darned place was the PFT course. Right along the runway. Remember that second mile? To the runway, up the darned hill, then back down the hill full speed to try make up time? Its' been so long now that I can't remember as much as I might like. LOL!

I joined h@ms 24 shortly after the new Year in 81. Was rotated to Japan that February with VMFA212.

Wpns co 3/4 K-bay 1955&56

I remember when I was at K-Bay, there were several aircraft units that tend to rotate in and out. There were the 3 VMFA squadrons 212, 232, and 235. There were 3 Helo units which I can remember only 2 of them, 165 and 265. Then the only helo units that was permanent was HMH-463. That was between '79-'83 when I was assign to H&MS - 24.

Some of the supply personnel that I knew ask to go to one of the a/c units to be able to visit some of the places that was on the unit schedule. One of the guys who I used to work along with ask to get on with VMFA - 212 and once on there, they were always busy getting everything ready for those inspections prior to deployment.

If there was anyone that were attached to VMFA - 212 between '79-'83, let me know for there was a guy who I have been trying to get in touch with and just to see how he has been doing through all these years.

Laser Cop

I was at K-bay 1973-75, before going on Embassy
    Duty. In April of 74, I was with A Co 3rd Shore Party, TAD to EOD as their radio operator. We went up in EW-27, a Huey Uh-1E, from H&MS-24, but crashed on range #5 North East of Pu Ewa. Anyone out there from my time?

Thread Information