How do you get Back in - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I told you, you don't pay it back... you surrender your benefits and the doc has to say you can play Marine again... that's two to one.... and mine is not yours so... it's safe to say you don't have to pay it back... since I won't be paying mine back.

When I spoke to the National Guard recruiter, he said my VA benefits would be held for the duration of my enlistment. He did bot say or mention that I would have to pay back any Disability pay (I already paid back my severance pay to the VA).

severance is different.... disability pay is compensation for us being broken due to military service. I'll be damned if I have to give that compensation back... I earned it.

Roger that SSGT.......If I did have to pay back my VA Dis. Comp. it would be like $40,000. Not happening........

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold View Post
    I told you, you don't pay it back... you surrender your benefits and the doc has to say you can play Marine again... that's two to one.... and mine is not yours so... it's safe to say you don't have to pay it back... since I won't be paying mine back.

Like I said SSGT, I heard TWO different things from TWO different 8412(career recruiters) Marines. They are both from different RS though. To get a for sure answer you would have to talk to the RSS NCOIC and have him talk to OPS to get a 100% real answer because both of the 8412s that I know did state that. Simply hearing an answer form an 8411 Gunny doesnt matter till you get an answer from OPS.

....*sigh* yes, gunny's spout off at the mouth without knowing what's going on... I knew that.

If they are mistaken and I wasn't asking for clarification when I asked... I'd try to double check... but I asked for clarification.... the gunny verified and that is what he told me. Thank you for your concern.

....*sigh* yes, gunny's spout off at the mouth without knowing what's going on... I knew that.

If they are mistaken and I wasn't asking for clarification when I asked... I'd try to double check... but I asked for clarification.... the gunny verified and that is what he told me. Thank you for your concern.

SSGT you have no clue on how recruiting duty works. He could be an 8411 and have been only on the duty for 6 months. Recruiting is NOT the FLEET nor is it the real Marine Corps. I was the RSS A-slash or ANCOIC as a Sergeant only because I was the SENIOR recruiter. I had 2 years on deck at the time when everyone else had 9 months or less. We had 1 GYSGT, 2 SSGT, and 2 SGT including myself. RANK DOES NOT MATTER ON RECRUITING DUTY. I was simply saying to check with an 8412 NCOIC, not a canvassing recruiter. I was just trying to help, but you obviously do not want my help. I do have concern for my fellow Marines, AlwaYS have and always will. I really am here to help.

Question RE Code

I finally received my SRB from the NPRC in St. Louis. It confirmed what I already knew.......I had no NJP's,Court Martials, disciplinary issues, etc. When I was Honorably discharged for my medical issue, I should have been given a RE-3P and not the RE-3C. So, I sent in the DD149 along with the SRB and additonal documentation. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get feedback or a decision?

Quote Originally Posted by slimmy07 View Post
    SSGT you have no clue on how recruiting duty works. He could be an 8411 and have been only on the duty for 6 months. Recruiting is NOT the FLEET nor is it the real Marine Corps. I was the RSS A-slash or ANCOIC as a Sergeant only because I was the SENIOR recruiter. I had 2 years on deck at the time when everyone else had 9 months or less. We had 1 GYSGT, 2 SSGT, and 2 SGT including myself. RANK DOES NOT MATTER ON RECRUITING DUTY. I was simply saying to check with an 8412 NCOIC, not a canvassing recruiter. I was just trying to help, but you obviously do not want my help. I do have concern for my fellow Marines, AlwaYS have and always will. I really am here to help.

ok, when I say the gunny checked on it... that doesn't mean that because he's a gunny he magically is allways right........ that means he checked on it.

you are seriously ****ing me off with this "SSgt you have now clue..." ****, I do know how it works. You need to re-read posts before you make comments.

to make is more simple for you to understand so you don't get confused again.

this one recruiter called MEPS to verify the "re-pay" inquirery I had. The answer was no.

ok, when I say the gunny checked on it... that doesn't mean that because he's a gunny he magically is allways right........ that means he checked on it.

you are seriously ****ing me off with this "SSgt you have now clue..." ****, I do know how it works. You need to re-read posts before you make comments.

to make is more simple for you to understand so you don't get confused again.

this one recruiter called MEPS to verify the "re-pay" inquirery I had. The answer was no.

I understand that you got your answer. My last post was that you do NOT understand recruiting duty. Unless you have been on it, you have NO clue on how it really works. I was implying that just because it was a GYSGT does not mean he is an expert because recruiting duty is NOT the fleet. It is a whole different beast. So, you might have an understanding on th VA disability, but not about recruitng. Also, re-read my posts, I got 2 different answers from 2 different NCOICs, so I was just saying to double check that.

I'm over the age limit and overweight too. I wonder if they would let me back in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Baker View Post
    I'm over the age limit and overweight too. I wonder if they would let me back in!!!!
    Take you age now subtract your TIS and that is your composite age. As long as that is below the age limit your ok for that. You must be at/below weight though.

I've got 20lbs left to go before I can put in my package.

officially it's called the constructed age.... but you have it right.... I have the order for all of this.

MCO 1130.80A

read through it and you'll get all the information you need

1. Eligibility

a. Applicants must fit one of the below categories:

(1) Former First Term Active Duty Sergeants or Corporals

(2) Former First Term Active Duty Lance Corporals. Former active
    duty Marines discharged as lance corporals may be submitted only on a caseby-
    case basis. Reenlistment requests must contain reasonable justification
    as to why the Marine was discharged as an E-3 or why it is in the best
    interest of the Marine Corps to reenlist the Marine. For example: the Marine
    originally enlisted on a three year contract vice a four or five year
    contract and did not have sufficient time to attain corporal; or the Marine
    possesses a critically short skill that requires no retraining.

b. Reenlistment Eligibility (RE) Code. Former Marines must be assigned
    a RE Code of RE-1A or RE-1B. Marines who were discharged for humanitarian
    reasons (with an RE-3H code) must have their humanitarian situation resolved
    and then contact CMC (MMER) to have the RE-3H code removed before applying.
    The current edition of SECNAVINST 5420.193 contains additional instructions
    for correcting military records.

c. Applicants cannot have received separation pay or Voluntary Separation Incentive/Special Separation Benefit (VSI/SSB).

Exclamation Recode 2b Sep Code Jkk

No, I was not a marine.
    I would like to reenlist in any branch that will take me, Marines preferable but I'll take when I can get. I spoke with my local Army recruiter as I dont have a local Marine Corps recruiter in this small town. He said 2B is banned for life from reenlisting to contact the Vet. Office and see about getting it upgraded to a eligible code or to a code that could be waved. My local Veteran Services office said that there was no way to upgrade RECODES only discharges. I asked if there was anyway around it to get back in... he said no, try to enlist in the reserves or guard and go active from there. This information was promptly relayed back to the local Army recruiter who said it's been done and to ask to speak with his supervisor. So I turned to the internet for help/research to have a firmer ground to fight from.

I distinctly remember reading(on the internet) that someone overcame his 2Bravo recode and got it upgraded and then waved. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO GET HELP? I badly want back in to prove I'm not a dirt bag and it was a one time f*ck up that I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER and HAVE LEARNED TO BE BETTER. If I got a second shot or a second go around, I know that I could make it.

BACK STORY
    I was active Air Force and was restricted to quarters due to having my wisdom teeth pulled and being put on Lortab for pain management. A fellow Airman came to my door and asked if he may have one. I let him get one and he left. He got in trouble months later and rolled on me. I admitted from the start that I did it and did not deny it. I got discharged following an article 15. They said it was distribution of a class3 controlled substance. My DD214 says "misconduct" separation code "JKK" recode "2B". I have worked two years for the local Sheriffs Department as a dispatcher and have only good reviews. I also have good reviews from my enlisted performance reports(prior to my f*cking up) and can get recommendation letters from almost everyone at the Sheriffs Department(the Sheriff himself included.)

Once again, any help would be welcomed. Thank you all.

Changing Reenlistment Eligibility (RE) Codes
    The Armed Forces use Reenlistment Eligibility (RE) codes to categorize individuals for enlistment or reenlistment in the Armed Forces. RE codes in the '1' series indicate a person is eligible for immediate reenlistment or prior service enlistment, provided otherwise eligible. RE codes in the '2', '3' and '4' series restrict the individual from immediate reenlistment or prior service enlistment. You must receive a review and/or waiver of these RE codes before you are eligible to enlist again.
    There are many qualified prior service applicants who possess a '1' series RE code who will not be able to reenter the military due to specific needs of the service. (See article on Prior Service Enlistments).
    In most cases, a person with a "2" RE or "4" RE code is not allowed to enlist. Those with an RE Code of "3" may be allowed to enlist, with a waiver, if they can show that the reason for discharge no longer applies. Such waivers are granted through the individual services through military recruiters, not the DRB process.

The Discharge Boards will not directly consider a request to change the RE code in the DRB process. There is one exception: If the DRB upgrades an applicant's discharge, the Board will also consider whether the RE code should be changed. If the applicant is considered a good candidate to return to the military, the RE code will be changed to "3A"--a waiverable code.
    Any request to directly consider a change to RE code not involving change to the characterization of service and/or narrative reason for separation must be made through the appropriate Board of Correction for Military Records.

If you are seeking a waiver or change of the RE code for the purpose of entering another branch of service, you will need to contact the appropriate service recruiter. The prerogative to waive the individual's RE ineligibility based on post service performance and conduct rests with the Secretaries of the Army, Navy and Air Force. Each Secretary may allow an individual to enlist in the service under his/her jurisdiction. The Secretary of one branch of the Armed Forces has no authority to waive reenlistment/enlistment ineligibility for another service. For example, if a former Army member wishes to enlist in the Air Force, he/she must process through Air Force channels for prior service enlistment. If the RE code renders the veteran ineligible, he/she must process any review or change action through Army channels.

Last edited by PYST187; 08-19-08 at 11:23 AM. Reason: bold example at bottom and modify main body text for easier reading

Thread Information