How do you get Back in - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Roger that......I wasn't sure if it would be different. Thank you for clearing up my confusion. Semper Fi

Question RE-3C and the DD149

I sent away for my SRB to NPRC in St. Louis so I can send it in with my DD149........TAKING FOREVER TO ARRIVE. I was told that if I send my SRB along with the DD149 it will expedite the process. I am also interested to see why I got the RE-3C due to the fact that I never had NJP, Court Martial, or ANY disciplinary issues.

Would an RE-3C be given for an Honorable Discharge due to a medical issue?

Quote Originally Posted by slimmy07 View Post
    Are you asking if I put in both active and reserve? If so yes. If your asking if its the same for both active and reserve...well yes. They are both the Marine Corps. You still have to go through the same MEPS process. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ACTIVE AND RESERVE, EXCEPT ONE IS PART TIME AND ONE IS FULL TIME. What Im trying to say is they are both MARINES.

you completely misunderstood his question.... is that the same rule (paying off your benifits from the VA) to getting back in.

I thought it was rather clear and straight forward. No harm meant by this, just trying to get his answer cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold View Post
    you completely misunderstood his question.... is that the same rule (paying off your benifits from the VA) to getting back in.

I thought it was rather clear and straight forward. No harm meant by this, just trying to get his answer cleared up.
    That's exactly what my question was.....I should have been a little clearer and worded it different. I wasn't trying to say a Reservist isn't a Marine or anything along those lines.

... are you quoting my response because you're talking to me or that my response was what you meant to ask?

I thought I answered it. Yes, it is the same. why would it be different?

so you're saying someone wanting to get back in even to the reserves has to pay the money back?

does this only apply to people who fall off contract?

so you're saying someone wanting to get back in even to the reserves has to pay the money back?

does this only apply to people who fall off contract?

Yes it does SSGT. I dont know what you mean by fall off contract though?

You have to be ****ting me.... you're a recruiter? I have to take the fact that you don't know that term to put you under suspicion.

Besides.... I'm living proof that what you've said doesn't apply (Now anyways). I have just talked to my local recruiters about your claims and they, to include a GySgt, think the source (I didn't give them the location of the info) doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

They said you need a letter from a doctor stating that you are 100% capable of being a Marine and your injuries will not flare up or prevent that in the future.

I would give my recruiters contact information to anyone who PM's me if you'd like to ask them yourselves since I am not lying and want to give assurances to prove that.

I think someone is confusing apples and oranges here... You do not have to pay back any VA disability that you received if you return to active service, unless the VA fails to stop your benefits on time. Any VA benefits that you receive after returning to active service must be repaid, you cannot collect AD pay and VA benefits at the same time. If you were paid seperation pay when you were discharged, you may possibly be required to repay that back if you return to AD, (not positive about that, but seems reasonable since you must repay it anyway before receiving VA money) if the seps pay has not already been recouped by the VA. I know a number of veterans that have voluntairly returned to AD to play a part in the GWOT and none has been required to repay VA Disability before returning to AD, only requirement was to be accepted for AD, and stop the VA money as of the date of return to AD.

You have to be ****ting me.... you're a recruiter? I have to take the fact that you don't know that term to put you under suspicion.

Besides.... I'm living proof that what you've said doesn't apply (Now anyways). I have just talked to my local recruiters about your claims and they, to include a GySgt, think the source (I didn't give them the location of the info) doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

They said you need a letter from a doctor stating that you are 100% capable of being a Marine and your injuries will not flare up or prevent that in the future.

I would give my recruiters contact information to anyone who PM's me if you'd like to ask them yourselves since I am not lying and want to give assurances to prove that.
    ARE you SERIOUSLY questioning that I have NEVER been on the Duty??? If so, with all do respect.. three words, Screw You SSGT. I almost LOST my marriage because of recruiting duty. 80 hour weeks, stress and pressure of making mission. Getting up at 4am to take an applicant to MEPS only to work till 2100 because I cant set 3 appointments for the day. I HAVE BEEN ON THE DUTY! What special duty have you done SSGT??? Recruiting duty is the TOUGHEST job in the Corps other than being involved in a fire fight. Also, my sources were one..BEING AN 8411, and two my NCOIC at the time which was a MSGT, who is now an RI and a Master Guns. You probably have NO idea what an RI is, well its a recruiter instructor. Also, SSGT I was NOT worried about lame terms like fall off contract. The TWO words I worried about was appointments and contracts, which you have NO idea what that work involves or how TOUGH it is. This is a sore subject with me SSGt because I almost lost my marriage to this duty. If you think my info is false, then so be it. Im just going off my EXPERIENCE and my former NCOIC which was a MASTER SERGEANT at the time. Things as I know from EXPERIENCE do change on the duty. I was an 8411 from 2004-2007, so it could have changed, but to question me ever being a recruiter...YOU DONT KNOW ME!

Quote Originally Posted by slimmy07 View Post
    ARE you SERIOUSLY questioning that I have NEVER been on the Duty??? If so, with all do respect.. two words, Screw You SSGT. I almost LOST my marriage because of recruiting duty. 80 hour weeks, stress and pressure of making mission. Getting up at 4am to take an applicant to MEPS only to work till 2100 because I cant set 3 appointments for the day. I HAVE BEEN ON THE DUTY! What special duty have you done SSGT??? Recruiting duty is the TOUGHEST job in the Corps other than being involved in a fire fight. Also, my sources were one..BEING AN 8411, and two my NCOIC at the time which was a MSGT, who is now an RI and a Master Guns. You probably have NO idea what an RI is, well its a recruiter instructor. Also, SSGT I was NOT worried about lame terms like fall off contract. The TWO words I worried about was appointments and contracts, which you have NO idea what that work involves or how TOUGH it is. This is a sore subject with me SSGt because I almost lost my marriage to this duty. If you think my info is false, then so be it. Im just going off my EXPERIENCE and my former NCOIC which was a MASTER SERGEANT at the time. Things as I know from EXPERIENCE do change on the duty. I was an 8411 from 2004-2007, so it could have changed, but to question me ever being a recruiter...YOU DONT KNOW ME!

do you think you're Ricky Bobby?! I can judge a person by the comments they make just like any other person on this site! I could really care less about who your SNCOIC was or who he has become. Falling off contract is a term used very often in the Marine Corps both in Recruiting and Career Planing fields. It astounds me that you would respond to such a minor offense of putting you under "suspicion"... this does not imply you were not there or went to school. I can see why your Master Sergeant rode you so hard... your attitude is something to be desired, and I can guess that it didn't attract too many potential recruits.

And on another note I am leaning harder towards you being a bad recruiter now than being a poser recruiter. Good day.

do you think you're Ricky Bobby?! I can judge a person by the comments they make just like any other person on this site! I could really care less about who your SNCOIC was or who he has become. Falling off contract is a term used very often in the Marine Corps both in Recruiting and Career Planing fields. It astounds me that you would respond to such a minor offense of putting you under "suspicion"... this does not imply you were not there or went to school. I can see why your Master Sergeant rode you so hard... your attitude is something to be desired, and I can guess that it didn't attract too many potential recruits.

And on another note I am leaning harder towards you being a bad recruiter now than being a poser recruiter. Good day.

Call you it what you want, but I did complete the duty. And FYI.. The NCOICs RIDE EVRYBODY. I was actually a pretty good recruiter. I was not great, but I did write contracts and IM proud to say that I still keep in touch with most of the Marines I put in.The funny things is, all 3 of the NCOICs that I had on the duty said that the reason I wrote contracts was my attitude. Also, I have never heard of "falling off contract" That means NOTHING to me, and I could care less about that word.Contracts, appointments, interviews meant something to me on that duty. I have a great attitude, but when someone questions me on what I have done expecially becuase the duty was the TOUGHEST thing I have ever done, that TICKS me off. I almost lost my marriage. My wife, not the Corps is the most IMPORTANT thing to me.

Also, FYI I contacted a buddy of mine who is an NCIOC 8412, he is a SSGT. He said that you do NOT have to pay back your VA, but you do have to get cleared from the VA doctors NOT a civilian doctor. Also, you do have to pay back ANY seperation pay.That is the latest up to date scoop.
    Good Day and Semper Fi

Now I spoke to a different contact, He is a GYSGT NCOIC 8412 as well, and he states that you do have to pay it back, both the VA pay and the seperation pay (if any). I got 2 different 8412s telling me to different things. I would just go to your local RSS and try to hash it out with the station NCOIC.

Thread Information